• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAAF (Bill Kelso Dubow 27798) vs Luftwaffe ("Hartmann" French cyclist jacket)

Kermit3D

That's fair - we all have jackets that don't do it for us, for whatever reason.

.... And yet I find the Aero Leather model really beautiful :

irv0008-jpg.10137

While the ELC model looks huge on some pictures :

1938-raf-front-jpg.28062

Kermit3D

This is where the weather difference between Toulouse and Paris appears. I just started wearing my A-2 again last weekend. :D
In recent weeks I would have appreciated an M-445 :p

Very nice jacket !

M-445 ? great ! :D
Five Star I guess ? So you're happy about it ? you have to show us some pictures, I think a lot of people will be interested !

Kermit3D

M-445 ? great ! :D
Five Star I guess ? So you're happy about it ? you have to show us some pictures, I think a lot of people will be interested !

I read a little fast..... :rolleyes::D
Well if a wave of frost arrived.... you never know, now you have to break down and place an order. ;)

B-Man2

Who in this forum does not have an Irvin WPG ? :D
This jacket looks incredible for the price.
It’s a good jacket for the price IF you’ve never owned one of the top tier Irvins . I’m not saying this in a snobby way at all . However, if you’ve owned a high end Irvin then you are more likely to be critical of this WPG jacket because you will see where they cut corners on materials when making the jacket . For my part I like the jacket a lot . It’s a lighter weight version of the original but it looks pretty damn good when you’re wearing it and nobody other than we jacket heads would ever notice the difference between this and another repro .

Kermit3D

I was wearing my B-10 but I wanted to talk about M-445 because I knew it was going to trigger something in @Kermit3D :p

Yes, I read too quickly and I thought you had bought one...

I love the M-445 Five Star, but I'm not convinced by the collar. Not sure it's right. I'd like to see some fit pics but it seems that nobody here has one.

I've seen some nice pictures of the WPG Irvin lately, and it "caught my eye" => "il m'a tapé dans l’œil" (is that what they say in English?).
A lot of people here have told me a lot of good things about this jacket.
Moreover the WPG Irvin seems not to be too heavy. In Toulouse it is a strong argument (Saturday it was 21°C whereas we are at the end of February...)

... and the Irvin is the jacket of the Spitfire pilots. :cool: