• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAAF and FEAF patches

Cocker

So, we have this tradition for Christmas in the office where we all put our name on a piece of paper, everybody draws one and we have to make a little gift to the person.

Well, the colleague who picked me caught me off guard when he offered me the below patches that he picked from a friend collecting WW2 artifacts !

9d545a400f593e5919115001cad9fa9c.jpg

962615d3d5a18ed2e46452b9df24bd21.jpg

They look like originals to my un-trained eye.

Pretty good, eh??

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Brettafett

Wow, they look great! Cant say if they are original, but does not matter, they look amazing and will compliment any jacket!

Silver Surfer

get a black light [uv] and turn off the house light, and run the light over the patches. if the white glows, they are post 1950s. if they do not glow, they are pre '50s.

Cocker

Good to know! I’ll check if I can find some black light.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Cocker

Well, seems nobody around me has a black light (and I won't buy one just for this ^^), so I'll go along with the words of the experts up here!

B-Man2

Well, seems nobody around me has a black light (and I won't buy one just for this ^^), so I'll go along with the words of the experts up here!
So now the question becomes , what are you going to do with them. The start of a new collection maybe or patch up an existing jacket.?