• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Service Shoes by Mil-Tec

B-Man2

Hey guys
Not trying to get in the middle of your thread but I just wanted to tell Couchy that ATF has run out of several of their sizes of Service boots and Roughouts . They are not expecting any shipments for a while . So if your size happen to still be in stock , you may want to rethink waiting for a sale on them .

ausreenactor

Mentioned that last night... picked up a set of Oxford style dress shoes bt fluke. Typing it here triggered the FB and interwebby algorithms and I had them before me instantly.

#bargain42rjackets #aafgrouping #pacificbombsquadrons

Smithy

I nearly pulled the trigger on the ammo boots but thought I need to get rid of or wear out some boots first before getting another pair.

So I blew $US132 (plus whatever customs will sting me) on another Advanced Squad Leader module instead.

ausreenactor

I nearly pulled the trigger on the ammo boots but thought I need to get rid of or wear out some boots first before getting another pair.

So I blew $US132 (plus whatever customs will sting me) on another Advanced Squad Leader module instead.
Its all good. .

Smithy

Gave the service shoes a bit more antiquing with various polishes (and a bit of spit to be honest) to get them to the colour I wanted them. Really pleased with how they've turned out.

4KyYIvy.jpg

FlakMagnet

Here's my pair of Mil-Tec TypeII service shoes after giving it a nice polish in the sun. I've had this pair for just over 2 years, wearing it on and off during this time. The pics don't do it justice, but it's got a pretty decent shine to it. When I first got it, I got some good ol' Kiwi shoe polish (not the liquid stuff, but the classic tinned wax ones in black, light tan and dark tan) to give it some "character", as they didn't look so appealing straight out of the box. Gave it a layer of black polish, let it soak for 5 mins or so (pref. in the sun), then buff with cloth/horsehair shoe brush to remove the wax. Then used the same method after applying a coat of light tan polish, and then gave it a final layer of dark tan. What it does is that it gives a really nice marbled/antiqued effect. Buff/brush until you get the shine you're after!

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 9.29.16 AM.png
it
241390245_445874489981054_3474064534722721657_n.jpg

Smithy

Here's my pair of Mil-Tec TypeII service shoes after giving it a nice polish in the sun. I've had this pair for just over 2 years, wearing it on and off during this time. The pics don't do it justice, but it's got a pretty decent shine to it. When I first got it, I got some good ol' Kiwi shoe polish (not the liquid stuff, but the classic tinned wax ones in black, light tan and dark tan) to give it some "character", as they didn't look so appealing straight out of the box. Gave it a layer of black polish, let it soak for 5 mins or so (pref. in the sun), then buff with cloth/horsehair shoe brush to remove the wax. Then used the same method after applying a coat of light tan polish, and then gave it a final layer of dark tan. What it does is that it gives a really nice marbled/antiqued effect. Buff/brush until you get the shine you're after!

View attachment 67210it View attachment 67209

Nice one mate. That's exactly obviously what I did with my ones I got earlier this year in this thread. Great to see how well they're going after a couple of years too.

Hugely chuffed with my pair and the Sturm Mil-Tec Roughouts I got too. Spectacularly good value too.

FlakMagnet

Dude, it seems to me that they are perfect not only for some work processes, but also for everyday wear, right? I ordered something similar using the forstep style website and was satisfied not only with the quality of the material and firmware, but also with how well they fix my ankle joint. Some time ago, while playing basketball, I managed to tear my ankle ligaments. Dude, the pain was terrible. Now my doctor has advised me to use shoes that can fix the ankle so that I don't stumble and get injured again.
Cool story, bro

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

Smithy

I've worn mine for a year now and they're holding up beautifully. They're also starting to get some very nice wear on them.

Excellent boots and I'm quite sure you'll love them.

Kermit3D

I already have Roughout Boots by Mil-Tec which I have also had for 1 year and I love them (I wear them absolutely every day since September)

I reread this thread an hour ago and went directly to the SOF website to place an order for US WW2 Service boot. ;)

Kermit3D

I just received my services shoes ! :)
They are superb ! Very pleasantly surprised for the price.
No problems with comfort for the moment...

Do you recommend to apply a treatment before wearing them ? (beeswax or other ?)

FlakMagnet

I just received my services shoes ! :)
They are superb ! Very pleasantly surprised for the price.
No problems with comfort for the moment...

Do you recommend to apply a treatment before wearing them ? (beeswax or other ?)
A little bit of shoe cream or leather conditioner will help soften it up a bit. Mine was super stiff and difficult to break in when I first got it.

LV426

Hello , i'm a newby here , from France . I own several pairs of 1500 and 1510 Corcoran jump boots and a pair of rought out service shoes type3 ( from Corcoran ) for sevral years . And was intersted by the beautiful service shoes type2 . ATF does not sell anymore at my size , SMW USA too , and other US companies not anymore. So , searching the web to find a descent well build GY welted i found these Mil-Tec and this forum , also a video on YT that decided me to buy them . Here is the video. The nect post will be my new pair. BTW , some of you could post recent photos of yours updated ? ( sorry for my English , i don't want to use google translator. )
there is also a review of the rough out service type 3 :