• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Service Shoes by Mil-Tec

LV426

Huge thanks for the welcome :) . So i will continue ! I took some pics of the ServShoes type2 Milt-tec i received this saturday . Gave them 1st a saddle soap cleaning to rip off the most i could of the "painting on plastic look" ( i did not want to use some leather stripper , perhaps later ... ) then , dubbing wax for protection ( never forget the stiches with a toothbrush ) then applyed some layers of dark brown and cordovan saphir surfine cream. I'm not in reenacting so i changed the nylon laces with leather ones. Addition : due to the reasonable price ( 130Eu instead ++200 ATF or SM W USA ( quality has a price but importation too !! ) i bought a second pair more accurate to my size : i wear 44 Eu / 11 US but a 10 US with Corcoran jump boots ( munson last also !!! roomy boots ! ) . I have read a lot about these Mil-tec and i should have listen ... conclusion i will buy an other pair down sized , these 1st will serve as an experimental field ...! About some little details also , the holes on the toe caps were very little so i took a Bic pen and used it to enlarge them , cool effect ! Last , the rubber of the outsoles is very soft and makes it more easy to break in , and urban walking , not a long time process ( i hugely advice against the bath process used by Military , they had their reasons for but if you want your shoes long lasting and you cannot wait to break in naturally just wearing wet socks will do the job ) . I will try to resole also just for fun . I found a really cool company : DrSOLE , i tryed on an vintage pair of Corcoran ( original WW2 , i want them to keep living on their lives by walkin' , not in show case , my choice ) . Hey community , i'm very curious about your experience , since the 2 years this post started . Take Care all of you !
20230718_135152.jpg
20230718_134930.jpg
20230718_134911.jpg
328037776_726943382419591_6993396135390478605_n.jpg

B-Man2

So from your last post would you say that the Mil-tec boots run a half size or a full size larger than your normal shoe size?
Or to put it another way.. should we order the mil-tec boots 1/2 size smaller or a full size smaller?

LV426

Unfortunatly
So from your last post would you say that the Mil-tec boots run a half size or a full size larger than your normal shoe size?
Or to put it another way.. should we order the mil-tec boots 1/2 size smaller or a full size smaller?
They do not produce half size , i will go down a size . I would consider the only widht they have as a EE . Comparison : Left to right : type2 11US ( 44 ) , corcoran boots : 10.5 EE ; 11 D ; 10 D .
20230718_160755.jpg
20230718_160606.jpg

Smithy

Huge thanks for the welcome :) . So i will continue ! I took some pics of the ServShoes type2 Milt-tec i received this saturday . Gave them 1st a saddle soap cleaning to rip off the most i could of the "painting on plastic look" ( i did not want to use some leather stripper , perhaps later ... ) then , dubbing wax for protection ( never forget the stiches with a toothbrush ) then applyed some layers of dark brown and cordovan saphir surfine cream. I'm not in reenacting so i changed the nylon laces with leather ones. Addition : due to the reasonable price ( 130Eu instead ++200 ATF or SM W USA ( quality has a price but importation too !! ) i bought a second pair more accurate to my size : i wear 44 Eu / 11 US but a 10 US with Corcoran jump boots ( munson last also !!! roomy boots ! ) . I have read a lot about these Mil-tec and i should have listen ... conclusion i will buy an other pair down sized , these 1st will serve as an experimental field ...! About some little details also , the holes on the toe caps were very little so i took a Bic pen and used it to enlarge them , cool effect ! Last , the rubber of the outsoles is very soft and makes it more easy to break in , and urban walking , not a long time process ( i hugely advice against the bath process used by Military , they had their reasons for but if you want your shoes long lasting and you cannot wait to break in naturally just wearing wet socks will do the job ) . I will try to resole also just for fun . I found a really cool company : DrSOLE , i tryed on an vintage pair of Corcoran ( original WW2 , i want them to keep living on their lives by walkin' , not in show case , my choice ) . Hey community , i'm very curious about your experience , since the 2 years this post started . Take Care all of you ! View attachment 114743View attachment 114745View attachment 114747View attachment 114749

As you've seen earlier in this thread I have a pair of the Mil-Tec service shoes and can't sing their praises enough. I love them. I've antiqued mine and am thrilled with how they've turned out. Incredible boots for the price. BTW their Roughouts are awesome too.

Also like your moniker, I am also a massive Aliens fan.

"We're in the pipe 5 by 5" ;)

Burt, I found that SoF had taken this into consideration when I ordered both my service shoes and roughouts. I ordered UK size 9 (Euro 43, US 10) for both but interesting the tags on the inside of both say UK 8, Euro 42, US 9. I have a sneaking suspicion that they know these run a full size larger and take this into consideration when people order. I can remember I was a smidge worried when I saw this but when I first tried them on, perfection.

If you're after a pair of service shoes, you seriously cannot go wrong with the Sturm Mil-Tec ones. They are superbly well made, the leather is bulletproof yet amazingly I've never had a blister from them, Goodyear welt so they can be resoled - and believe me with those leather uppers, they will last a lifetime and need a few soles.

Only thing like me and LV426, they just need a little antiquing with polish but it's a fun thing to do and really rewarding.

B-Man2

As you've seen earlier in this thread I have a pair of the Mil-Tec service shoes and can't sing their praises enough. I love them. I've antiqued mine and am thrilled with how they've turned out. Incredible boots for the price. BTW their Roughouts are awesome too.

Burt, I found that SoF had taken this into consideration when I ordered both my service shoes and roughouts. I ordered UK size 9 (Euro 43, US 10) for both but interesting the tags on the inside of both say UK 8, Euro 42, US 9. I have a sneaking suspicion that they know these run a full size larger and take this into consideration when people order. I can remember I was a smidge worried when I saw this but when I first tried them on, perfection.

If you're after a pair of service shoes, you seriously cannot go wrong with the Sturm Mil-Tec ones. They are superbly well made, the leather is bulletproof yet amazingly I've never had a blister from them, Goodyear welt so they can be resoled - and believe me with those leather uppers, they will last a lifetime and need a few soles.

Only thing like me and LV426, they just need a little antiquing with polish but it's a fun thing to do and really rewarding.
Thanks Tim
I appreciate your input on this.
Cheers mate !

B-Man2

Tim
I checked the SOF website and I don’t think they are selling the Mil- Tec Service Boot any longer.

Smithy

Tim
I checked the SOF website and I don’t think they are selling the Mil- Tec Service Boot any longer.

Here they are Burt...

FlakMagnet

Here they are Burt...

Beat me to it!

B-Man2

Beat me to it!
Here they are Burt...

Thanks for the help guys …. I appreciate it.
Cheers