• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Navy watch cap advice

bn1966

Have to check branding on my two black caps (one I think is ‘Fox Racing’ got it from a motorcycle shop) two unbranded military issue (Navy & green). Had two ELC caps..totally unwearable for me :)

ausreenactor

ELC vs RM

20201015_104354.jpg
20201015_104440.jpg
20201015_104523.jpg
20201015_104455.jpg
20201015_104448.jpg

RM is certainly darker. Seams are prevalent. Wool is significantly lighter as well.

I acknowledge that originals were on the this side. I have an ATF repro in a bag still and it is twice as heave as the RM. RM don't cut corners so assume they are spot on and ELC is somewhere in the middle.

Gio80

ELC vs RM

RM is certainly darker. Seams are prevalent. Wool is significantly lighter as well.

I acknowledge that originals were on the this side. I have an ATF repro in a bag still and it is twice as heave as the RM. RM don't cut corners so assume they are spot on and ELC is somewhere in the middle.

OK, it's that one you already posted on MASH review. Sorry I did not understand. I thought you got navy one.
What's your favorite? I like ELC color and seams.

Now after three A-4 you need a navy one :)
I did not write on the MASH review, but the wool of MASH one is quite heavy and thick... always compared to my current issued one.
I should improve the review with pics of seams and wool detail...you never stop learning EHEHEH :)

ausreenactor

Will probably grab a Navy (Blue) Bronson direct off eBay. Used up some Buyee points that were sitting there to get the RM cap. Fan of the ELC A-4 in design and spirit..... It has nips and has been overseas with me on a couple of deployments.

Greg Gale

Will probably grab a Navy (Blue) Bronson direct off eBay. Used up some Buyee points that were sitting there to get the RM cap. Fan of the ELC A-4 in design and spirit..... It has nips and has been overseas with me on a couple of deployments.

You're better off with a current issue Navy watch cap off ebay. It's much better than the Bronson. The Bronson's folding is sort of ironed down, you can't really change it properly.

jack31916

Just for a comparison: my original O.D. mechanic's or skullcap. I own this thing for over 40 years now. Was at that time looking for a woolknit cap (Beanie) and was disappointed the find one without a visor.. There was no a label in it and no traces that there ever was one.

The more olive colour (made with a flashlite) is the true colour but it's a bit cloudy here. As you can see there's no seam and the ELC comes more close to the one I have.

20201015_130927.jpg
20201015_130909.jpg
20201015_130857.jpg

Griffon_301

Big fan of the BR brand here;
I do have both, a Navy watch cap and an A-4 mechanics cap from them and I really like these caps very much; great quality and great style as expected from BR...

Griffon_301

Fardin has to order about 10 to 12 months in advance usually and as he has to prefinance everything, so he usually just orders things he know he will be able to sell easily (chinos, CPO shirts, working shirts, neutral sweaters, peacoats etc) but as he lets me know when he receives a preview of the coming stock to order, I can order items that I would like to get additionally... Works quite well but you have to know your measurements to get correct sizes...

My BR jackets range from Large to 42, 44 and even XXL, depending on the jacket...

Sweaters and t-shirts are easier of course...

I have never used Rakuten or Yahoo Japan Ibhave to admit but I was tempted already several times...

MikeyB-17

I have a Pike Brothers and a Buzz William Gibson A-4. To be honest I have several other similar caps which I have paid considerably less for, which are a lot more comfortable. Perhaps it’s my oversized skull, but the higher end ones tend to be a bit tight for me.

ausreenactor

The 'grip' on the head can give me a headache sometimes with my synthetic 'beanie' that I have in my Army pack for use out field. It is more robust and cam cream washes out with a hand wash. That one pushes the friendship sometimes. Got it at a surf shop? The ELC wool is significantly more comfortable. Have not worn the RM yet...