• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unwrinkle / Softening Nylon?

Mackan

Hi, I bought this "extreme cold weather impermeable, jacket" a while back and just received it.

it has some white paint stains that I plan on trying to remove. But while I'm in the process of giving it a little touch up, I was thinking about fixing the wrinkles and also hear what you guys think about softening the outer nylon material. its pretty thick and stiff right now, I'm not sure if its because of aging that has made it stiffer or that's just how its supposed to be. still.... would it be possible too soften it up using some fabric softener and a spray bottle perhaps? And could you use a steamer for the wrinkles?

I'm open for suggestions, tips and tricks for all of it: removing the white paint, soften and unwrinkle :)

IMG_7935.JPG

IMG_7937.JPG

IMG_7936.JPG

B-Man2

Hi, I bought this "extreme cold weather impermeable, jacket" a while back and just received it.

it has some white paint stains that I plan on trying to remove. But while I'm in the process of giving it a little touch up, I was thinking about fixing the wrinkles and also hear what you guys think about softening the outer nylon material. its pretty thick and stiff right now, I'm not sure if its because of aging that has made it stiffer or that's just how its supposed to be. still.... would it be possible too soften it up using some fabric softener and a spray bottle perhaps? And could you use a steamer for the wrinkles?

I'm open for suggestions, tips and tricks for all of it: removing the white paint, soften and unwrinkle :)

View attachment 47333

View attachment 47334
View attachment 47335
I would simply wear the jacket or hang it on a well padded hanger . Over time the winkles will slowly relax and eventually go away .
By that time you won’t care anymore anyway :)