• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unwanted Debris in flight jacket pocket

fighterjock

I keep getting pesky, unwanted foreign particles in not only one, but both my A-2 pockets, it's really driving me nuts. Any suggestions...….perhaps they make a small pocket Zoomba anyone know...………….all suggestions greatly appreciated. Alright should have changed this post, to the coolest thing ever found in a flight jacket!! Found this jacket around 2007, It was interesting, because it was lined with a B-15 inner alpaca. It was an A-2 style jacket, probably in theater made. Found this as I disassembled jacket. Pilot or aircrew member were probably flying the Hump, as monetary denominations are indian, Chinese and Japanese currency.
All the Money.JPG
Chinese Currency with sequential serial numbers.JPG
B-15 Label.JPG

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Interesting, to say the least. Over the years, I’ve found, lucky’s smokes in their pack, lucky’s wrappers, occasional small denomination Chinese coins in a-2 pockets, and hand written notes in liners. Now that dealers and dumpster divers get their paws on most any a-2s that surfaces, finding any unseen ”treasures” is pretty much off of the table.......

Last edited:

Garylafortuna

If any of you are of an age to remember the TV series 'Maverick', where Brett Maverick always had a one thousand dollar bill attached to the lining of his jacket, just in case an emergency situation should occur.

B-Man2

Hmmm... I wonder if they print $1000. US bills any longer. Have to check that :)

Update: The $1000. and larger US bills went out of printing in 1946.:)

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Interesting, to say the least. Over the years, I’ve found, lucky’s smokes in their pack, lucky’s wrappers, occasional small denomination Chinese coins in a-2 pockets, and hand written notes in liners. Now that dealers and dumpster divers get their paws on most any a-2s that surfaces, finding any unseen ”treasures” is pretty much off of the table.......

Found a shopping list once!

20200608_135234.jpg

fighterjock

My mind was blown trying to figure out why the Japanese used pesos! After the War one could be tried and executed getting caught with them!

I'm not up on my foreign currencies, I was confused when I saw Japanese Peso's as well, and don't really know what I have, Sadly the outer leather jacket was in horrible shape, and I harvested the leather for other projects. It wasn't an issue Jacket, and not made of horse, nor goat...….it was thick, but very soft and fragile. I'm pretty sure I posted something in 2007ish, but can't find posting...…..AL. So what is concensus on this jacket, I say Hump crew member, because flying the hump was very cold dangerous flying. Why else would someone line a jacket. Why not just wear the B-15 as a whole, and not chop it up? The money was found in the internal B-15 pocket, not stashed in the body and sewn up.

Attachments

• HPIM1702.JPG
    HPIM1702.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 228
  • HPIM1704.JPG
    HPIM1704.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 237
  • HPIM1705.JPG
    HPIM1705.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 202
  • HPIM1706.JPG
    HPIM1706.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 212
  • HPIM1700.JPG
    HPIM1700.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 203
  • HPIM1698.JPG
    HPIM1698.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:

fighterjock

Truthfully, the currencies carried by the airman are nearly as fascinating as a jacket. Still a score.
Isn't it weird that people don't look, truly look at the items they're selling. I know a scour them over, especially when I buy them. Bought this luftwaffe clothing bag last spring, about a year ago, one of the nicest you could ask for, a real clean example, and sure I found the RBNR numbers on the canvas. Made in 1938. But when I unbuckled the carrying handle I found the owners name and what he did for a living and where he was stationed. A Dr. W. Klatz or Klotz a dentist and stationed at Quackenbruch, a real luftwaffe base!
HPIM1714.JPG

Attachments

• HPIM1713.JPG
    HPIM1713.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 250

MikeyB-17

I'm not up on my foreign currencies, I was confused when I saw Japanese Peso's as well, and don't really know what I have, Sadly the outer leather jacket was in horrible shape, and I harvested the leather for other projects. It wasn't an issue Jacket, and not made of horse, nor goat...….it was thick, but very soft and fragile. I'm pretty sure I posted something in 2007ish, but can't find posting...…..AL. So what is concensus on this jacket, I say Hump crew member, because flying the hump was very cold dangerous flying. Why else would someone line a jacket. Why not just wear the B-15 as a whole, and not chop it up? The money was found in the internal B-15 pocket, not stashed in the body and sewn up.

The grain on that leather looks like buffalo. Might add up, considering the currency.

fighterjock

Attachments

• Dzus tool.jpg
    Dzus tool.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 209

MikeyB-17

Blimey, some cool finds there, love to find something like that. Best thing I have ever found was one of those manufacturer's paper tags in an unissued G-1.