• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual Womens' Wool Coat and Insignia

helodrvr

A friend of mine deals in used, womens' wool clothing. She recently acquired the coat pictured here.
Coat.jpg

It has an insignia on the left sleeve that neither of us is familiar with. Does anyone recognize this?

wingsandcrown.jpg

Thanks,

Mel

watchmanjimg

helodrvr said:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mel

My pleasure, Mel. My first thought was Dutch, but after a bit of Googling I decided to try Swedish as their insignia often incorporates a crown motif. This is stated as a WW2 Swedish Air Force cap badge:

SwAFcap.jpg

Note the similarity between the wings on this badge and those on your friend's coat.

Here's a more modern Swedish Air Force Kapten's shoulder board:

SWE-Airforce-kapten.png

Hope this helps! :D

Yes, it's a badge of our Air Force (nowadays we refer to it as "the Air Force", previously it was called the Royal Swedish Air Force).
Once upon a time, during the 1950s, the Swedish Air Force was regarded as the 4th biggest Air Force in the world. Concerning that we at that time only had about 7 million inhabitants, it was a rather high "planes per capita" ratio! ;)