• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual B-3

Roughwear

Hawkeye said:
That label looks pretty funny to me, could the jacket be an immediate postwar civilian copy?

Its actually a correct USAAF label. I have seen others from the same contract, but not with "naked" sleeves! :lol:

shanghai joe

Roughwear said:
Hawkeye said:
That label looks pretty funny to me, could the jacket be an immediate postwar civilian copy?

Its actually a correct USAAF label. I have seen others from the same contract, but not with "naked" sleeves! :lol:

Andrew,

guess nakedness is contagious..........especially after you got the CBI jkt with the ....um naked titties ATC patch. :oops:

Get a grip man ( and I don't mean twin perks)! :lol:

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:
Roughwear said:
Hawkeye said:

Andrew,

guess nakedness is contagious..........especially after you got the CBI jkt with the ....um naked titties ATC patch. :oops:

Get a grip man ( and I don't mean twin perks)! :lol:

Do I detect an element of jealousy here, Joe? :lol: :lol:

shanghai joe

Andrew,

Get a grip man ( and I don't mean twin perks)! :lol:[/quote]

Do I detect an element of jealousy here, Joe? :lol: :lol:[/quote]

no no no..........I'm in denial :lol:

Roughwear

John, The label is from a no-name 1942 contract-42-12690p, but it appears to be tacked on, not machine stitched as was usual practice. The waist belts are not in the customary place for a B3, although 1943 model Aeros did have similar straps.

I am now wondering whether its a "put together job", perhaps in the theatre by ground crew who wanted a convert a D1 into a B3 or its as you say John, immediate post war civi, but with a B3 label borrowed from a 1942 B-3. The lack of chest snaps, sleeve reinforcements and machine sewn label all point to a rather strange beast. :)