• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

United sheeplined GoodWear A-2

wiLLz

Hello hello

I've seen a jacket which i really like, it is a sheeplined A2 made by goodwear
Leather is russet cowhide, it is in great condition, made around 2005/06
I have a few questions, first about the value, the guy is asking 550e for it, is it a faire price?
People claim that GW jackets are incredible, is it really that good?
Also leather is cowhide, is it as good as horsehide? If someday i want to re-sell it can it be a problem ?

Pretty dumb questions but i would really need a feedback before buying, or not, and i don't have a big experience with A2 jackets

Thanks in advance

01_00ae7_VS7g1VgNszTTuqbVW2DwsMrb.jpeg01_005ca_P7YjXcbNg3naqk7s2RUk1w2T.jpeg01_0051c_5jkMbzyak2YZyU5VsdxfjG3n.jpeg01_00273_jPwLpWotDRqNPtBumWr913EV.jpeg

blackrat2

Personally I like cowhide, wears really well and every bit as good as horse
His jackets, even the early ones, tend to be of the highest standard

stanier

The only thing wrong with that jacket is the quality of the pics, particularly the first one. Honestly, who dressed that dummy? Looks like they zipped it and threw it on! :D ;)

Saint-ex

knowing that a new one is $ 1500 and one year minimum wait, the price is fair.
I've never had one in my hand, but no one here is going to tell you that a goodwear is no good.
Goodwear is a safe bet for resale, a GW A2 keep a good value.
I think this jacket, in 44, at this price sold here would not last long. ;)

SuinBruin

Looks like an early Good Wear to me... from the beginning, John's jackets were among the best repros made, so I think it's a fair price, especially as it looks to include an original Talon zip (or at least an original puller).

wiLLz

Hey all and thanks for your feedbacks
The maker, John Chapman, contacted me and advised against buying it for 500e, it is one of his very first jacket and by this time he was learning how to make them properly, it is more like a prototype
So i did not buy it, even if i really wanted to (this color is amazing)

Last edited:

fleet16b

You are never going to go wrong with a Goodwear jacket
John's jackets are the best in the world .
The price of that jacket is very good