• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unissued new in box Dubow A-2!

Andrew

Ok it really is as the title says but this is my new Goodwear Dubow 27798 from John. I ordered this jacket about three years ago but postponed it a couple of times just to extend the wait as that's such a good feeling and it makes the receiving it so much more intense. Now that is sick right? I don't get to wear jackets more than two months so it was pointless to have it arrive and then wait 10 months and another time I was low on funds, so I let my place lapse and selflessly let others in front of me. What a guy.

My most favoured GW jacket is now 6 years old and is a Dubow, so I just stuck with that as it works so well for me. I've tried others but I can't afford to experiment and with John's improved skills, patterns and materials I really wanted to try one of his latest production pieces. This is a sz46 and was built to my dimensions which they patiently noted over much correspondence as per usual. Sorry guys.

It's made from the aniline seal HH LHJ103 and has the purple knits. It must be a good one as it's now the poster boy for that model http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/gw ... ages9.html

As it's not something we don't see every day I thought i'd nerdily document the arrival and unboxing, as this will hopefully make that new jacket feeling last a little longer. The arrival sparked some interest at home;

What's this- smells pretty interesting
IMG_4872_zps91d7a298.jpg

Love brown paper
IMG_4875_zps1afbef9f.jpg

first looks and great smell
IMG_4878_zpsd2e54fc5.jpg

Nice personalized swing tag- I'm using the chain as a puller atm and the numbered tag lives in the pocket. The left pocket now has an un-used repro 1941 zippo in it making it's impression.
IMG_4882_zps8e5202bf.jpg

Suchi instantly took ownership
IMG_4893_zpsabf006f2.jpg

IMG_4897_zps31b4a2c2.jpg

IMG_4899_zpsaf49fdf8.jpg

Perfect fit straight out of the box. The leather is thicker and heavier than the old Horween (at least it feels that way) but folds and gains character quickly. Whilst I love having a new jacket I can't wait till it conforms to my shape and the relaxes a little. Extremely happy and when it has broken in i'll probably go and patch up my old one with my 530thBG patch that Ties made a few years ago. We'll see.

P1060434_zps4f9f7509.jpg

P1060435_zpsb1781246.jpg

For the record i'm 6'2 and just under 200lb (192, 90kg). If anyone wants the dimensions let me know.

Thanks so much John and Vickie!

ausreenactor

Like it Bocky!! Like it...a LOT!!

Enjoy. Without detracting from the jacket I just have to remind you that nothing attracts 'pussy' like a sharp jacket!!

Couchy

dujardin

congratssssssssssss

nice one
a splendid job by John

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ahhhhh those cats, all the same :)

Roughwear

This is a fantastic jacket Andrew. The fit is spot on. The Dubow is one of my favourite A2 designs. Enjoy breaking the jacket in.

foster

Thank you for sharing, that is a lovely jacket. I'm not as enthusiastic about the Dubow pattern as most others, but I must admit this one looks sharp!

ButteMT61

Yeah, good points Peter - it fits great, and you have the shape for it.
I can imagine how much fun that was to open!

Andrew

Thanks for the kind sentiments Gents, yeah I'm extremely happy with this one and I'm actually now pretty well satisfied with leather cravings- in this area that's saying something isn't it :) I have to admit that I was a heck of a difficult customer but nothing was too hard for Vickie and John and every email was answered straight away. In addition to the standard dimensions I sent them shots of me in my previous jacket, the G+F ANJ-3 I recently bought from them and a shot without a jacket to help build the picture. It reminded me of my first purchase back in '08 when John suggested sending a video file to help with sizing.

Peter, the Kitty inclusion was for you and Couchy that was too funny.
I'd wear this every day of the year if I could and I'm happy to be a GW shill, they deserve the rap. I just love the idea of the depth of John's technical and historical knowledge embedded in this creation. Another keeper for life.