• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unbranded, can’t identify A-2 leather Air Force jacket?

Ehodge

This leather jacket was given to me by a family member about 10 years ago. I have been trying to identify if it is authentic or a commercial make. From what I’ve read online it is definitely not the original A-2 cut because it does have pocket hand warmers, and the back is not made from a single panel of leather. But, the label doesn’t give much information, so it is hard to really find any information about this jacket. Any help would be much appreciated!
11BE2164-9E4F-4580-9492-7642A4F2B638.jpeg
1B73D890-543E-490D-BBBD-E2952089757E.jpeg
CEC00EA7-87AB-49A6-ADB1-180C361E2B5D.jpeg

Attachments

• 20FED495-0C8F-4F80-9A02-39D717586B4B.jpeg
    20FED495-0C8F-4F80-9A02-39D717586B4B.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 155
  • 8EF1677F-6C25-4EDF-9EE7-5E2DABB33418.jpeg
    8EF1677F-6C25-4EDF-9EE7-5E2DABB33418.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 36AB3C3E-3F75-4361-BD6D-5E26B84779C0.jpeg
    36AB3C3E-3F75-4361-BD6D-5E26B84779C0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 125

Chandler

A read through this thread might reveal some answers for you.

I'm pretty sure it's the most current issue A-2 that has the handwarmer pockets.

B-Man2

A read through this thread might reveal some answers for you.

I'm pretty sure it's the most current issue A-2 that has the handwarmer pockets.
Not to make any waves , but he said he acquired the jacket 10 years ago.
The Army issued jacket is relatively new and just developed in the last couple of years .

Ehodge

The Army issued jacket is relatively new and just developed in the last couple of years .
I wasn’t sure exactly how many years ago I acquired it, but definitely more than a couple.. so are we thinking it is for sure military issued?

B-Man2

To the best of my knowledge this is not a military issued jacket, but rather a commercially made one .

B-Man2

Military issued jackets made around the 1999 time frame and forward had two labels. A white manufacturers label with contract data and a red white and blue DSCP label from the Defense Supply Center a Philadelphia issuing facility. See below :
EAB39350-5243-4B39-AD7A-213D7360A6E2.jpeg

They never had anything silk screen printed on the liner . That was typical of commercially made jackets . But don’t take my word for it… let’s see what others say about it . :)

Last edited:

Chandler

I'm far from expert on the current military renditions of the A-2. I was excited when the Air Force Decided to reissue the jacket back in the 90s (?), but was disappointed when I saw the result.

Thus, I directed to the other thread.

Also, does it look like there may have been a label above that silk-screening?

Chandler

Also, does it look like there may have been a label above that silk-screening?
Nah, looking at it full screen I guess it's just a shadow that's pixelated by the digital image.

Ehodge

Military issued jackets made around the 1999 time frame and forward had two labels. A white manufacturers label with contract data and a red white and blue DSCP label from the Defense Supply Center a Philadelphia issuing facility. See below :
View attachment 72061
They never had anything silk screen printed on the liner . That was typical of commercially made jackets . But don’t take my word for it… let’s see what others say about it . :)
I’m getting the feeling that this was a commercial make then based on the comments I am seeing! Seems strange there would be no brand, but it sounds like it’s not typical for a military issue jacket to have a silk screen label printed on the liner. Thanks for the help!

JimmyD51

I have a Cooper from Sporty's from 1990. It also has the 2" side panels between the front and back panels.
It has the most beautiful leather and is the most comfortable A2 I've ever worn. No inside pockets though...

rb3586

It is authentic, as are all A-2 jackets which are all GSA/FSS Commercial off the shelf items. Dakota has supplied a-2 jackets in past and has used US and German made leather garments to fill orders. The labeling maybe off, but it may have been acceptable with the requesting end user.

Attachments

• A-2 Jacket GSA Specifications(COTS).pdf
    363.2 KB · Views: 155