• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UK Alterations

MarkieMarkB3

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and tried looking around for the answer to this question but with no luck.

A long time ago I bought a B3 from Cirrus Leather who I believe are no longer in business. The jacket wasn't cheap, seem to remember it being around £600. I understand that for purists their coats weren't authentic but apart from a seem coming undone within a month of owning it, which they repaired under warranty, its been a great jacket.

I was seriously ill last year and lost about 5 stone and wondered whether there were any forum members in the UK that could recommend someone that does alterations of flying jackets, I love the jacket, it just looks like I've borrowed it from Geoff Capes.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Smithy

Trying to alter a jacket to size down is actually probably unlikely to be possible as you'll very likely destroy the jacket's proportions. You might have to size down with another jacket.

Saying that there's a lady called Donna who does jacket repairs and alterations and if memory serves she used to work for Cirrus. I haven't used her but Brett (Brettafett) here has and has very good things to say about her. If you search via the forum search function for Donna her contact details should pop up.

Ken at Aero Leather

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and tried looking around for the answer to this question but with no luck.

A long time ago I bought a B3 from Cirrus Leather who I believe are no longer in business. The jacket wasn't cheap, seem to remember it being around £600. I understand that for purists their coats weren't authentic but apart from a seem coming undone within a month of owning it, which they repaired under warranty, its been a great jacket.

I was seriously ill last year and lost about 5 stone and wondered whether there were any forum members in the UK that could recommend someone that does alterations of flying jackets, I love the jacket, it just looks like I've borrowed it from Geoff Capes.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Unless you are dropping the size down by about 4 sizes or more..... say 50" cut down to 42"........ it's highly unlikely to be successful and should cost almost as much as a new jacket. Unless it's got sentimental value.........ebay it and start again

Last edited: