• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. bike jacket-any clues?

MikeyB-17

Just picked this up on Ebay-first time for quite a while I've bought from outside the UK. I'm having a bit of a bike jacket period at the moment. Fits great-too hot for it at the mo, but when it cools off it'll be a nice lightweight jacket. Hide I'm not sure of, but it's quite thin and flexible, quite smooth and close-grained, could be horse, but of course no way of telling. Once had a liner, now missing. No labels of any kind. Main zip is a YKK which is clearly a replacement, but the pocket and sleeve zips are Talons. Pockets open upwards, interestingly. Snap-down collar and an unlined windflap, and a bi-swing of sorts, which was its main selling point for me. Lining is plain black nylon. A bit of a trawl around the net has revealed similar but not identical jackets by Brooks and Schott. Any moto jacket experts give me any more clues? 60's, 70's? Cheers.

DSCF3907.jpg

DSCF3908.jpg