• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. Authentic also does beautiful, accurate jacket repair-

raulm1961

Hi nickgp. I've thinking of sending my ralph edwards g1 jacket for cuff replacements to us authentic. Can you post pics to see what kind of work they do.

nickgp

ok I will have to take a few-
Hi nickgp. I've thinking of sending my ralph edwards g1 jacket for cuff replacements to us authentic. Can you post pics to see what kind of work they do.
The work I had done was on A-2 jackets but I have a G-1 by US Authentic. As you know the G-1 used "rib rack" cuffs and waistbands whereas the knitted direction alternates, I will take pictures of both and post.
Post some pics of the jackets/work done.
The first 2 are US Authentic rib rack from a few yrs ago and the last pic is cuffs and sleeves shortened a few weeks ago

Attachments

• new 004.jpg
    new 004.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 394
  • new 008.jpg
    new 008.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 303
  • new 009.jpg
    new 009.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

nickgp

The work I had done was on A-2 jackets but I have a G-1 by US Authentic. As you know the G-1 used "rib rack" cuffs and waistbands whereas the knitted direction alternates, I will take pictures of both and post. OK- The first 3 are rib rack on a US Authentic jacket that is from a few years ago and the last picture is new cuffs and sleeves shortened from a few weeks ago-I also had the lining and waistband changed and the work is immaculate.
new 004.jpg
new 008.jpg
new 006.jpg
new 009.jpg

ok I will have to take a few-

The work I had done was on A-2 jackets but I have a G-1 by US Authentic. As you know the G-1 used "rib rack" cuffs and waistbands whereas the knitted direction alternates, I will take pictures of both and post.
The first 2 are US Authentic rib rack from a few yrs ago and the last pic is cuffs and sleeves shortened a few weeks ago

raulm1961

Thanks for the pics. I will be seding them my ralph edwards g1 this coming summer. That way my jacket will be ready for fall/winter.

Skyhawk

A few observations. In picture #1 the cuff knit appears to be sewn together (As in not 1 piece knits). This jacket you mentioned was from a few years ago so maybe they have upgraded since then? Are they 100% wool? You may want to send along your own knits if they are not up to specs.

On the waist knit replacement, looks like they missed the top stitch line and installed it like an A-2 knit. There should be a line of stitching about 1/4" up from the knit like the cuffs.

I would get these details straight with them before having the work done.