• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U-Boat Jackets german

PuLpO

Ive two original U-Boat Coats early German Army Post War Grey.
They are the same as in WW2 Bordjacken.

On Duty they where wear over an dungarees. So That they are short Jackets like an Ike. One is size 44 and the other 48.

JT004-1.jpg

JT001-1.jpg

JT007.jpg

JT002-1.jpg

JT003-1.jpg

JT005-1.jpg

JT008.jpg

Stephan

havocpaul

Looks like they are the same goatskin and use same zips as the post-war Luftwaffe blue/grey flight jackets. These also appear in black often wrongly listed on eBay as WW2 U-Boat or Panzer jackets. I think the actor Rupert Everett wore a black one recently on tv, it appeared short and quite a tight fit.

PuLpO

havocpaul said:
Looks like they are the same goatskin and use same zips as the post-war Luftwaffe blue/grey flight jackets. These also appear in black often wrongly listed on eBay as WW2 U-Boat or Panzer jackets. I think the actor Rupert Everett wore a black one recently on tv, it appeared short and quite a tight fit.

They are short a little bit shorter then an Ike . In an U Boat isn`t much space same as in an Fighter Plane so they have a quite tight fit.

This Jackets are in fact U-Boat Jackets. They had the typical Marine Collar. i think you think over this one http://www.cologne-fashion.de/bilder/61115.jpg[img]

@John one is marked as "Rinderleder"= Steerhide or Calvhide the other one is more softer and not marked as Rinderleder.
[img]http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd253/PuLpO67/JT036.jpg
JT040.jpg

JT039-1.jpg

havocpaul

Yes, post-war U-boat issue, there are eBay sellers trying to pass them as WW2 jackets which they do not resemble at all.

PuLpO

havocpaul said:
Yes, post-war U-boat issue, there are eBay sellers trying to pass them as WW2 jackets which they do not resemble at all.
ups sorry i missunderstood you. thats right.

@ all Jackets nuts pls excuse may bad english iam working on it .

Stephan

PuLpO

first of all i had to say i would not sell one of this jackets. i am jacket nut enough to own it :)

pls dont ask me via PM.

but as John worte this jackets are verry short. i need input to change it!. i have two of it, what do think?

do you have any suggestions?

i think i would go to a tailor and telll him do it like an B6 cut of the zips ( and put it on the place a B6 have ~Pockets)at one jacket and do the other leather to extend the jacket like it go to the hip.

what do you think about this?

in hope you will help me?

Stephan

FtrPlt

Guys,
The grey leather jackets and pants are general issue to any sailors who serve onboard Bundesmarine/Deutsche Marine ships. I don't know if they're still used or not but there are hundreds of photos depicting them in use on all types of surface ships, in addition to submarines.

531d5ea7730ee88ebf427258dd405af2_Bilder%20von%20Siegfried%20Federau0008.jpg

1a15c0ff54f0b90b596595351e6ba08e_Bild%20324.jpg

5d2b9e21f6e938113799a105103d4561_Scannen0001.jpg

d159504de33caed57401e4d89ef2b8c4_Scan10115.jpg

9ef74cc708a6ecdcefb9e29b70412dba_Bilder%20von%20Siegfried%20Federau0010.jpg

LtGustl

Servus from Vienna,

last Sunday i picked up an old u boat style jacket in black (navy had grey ones, i think).
The buttons are of the type used on german tank jackets.

Measurement:

pit to pit: 58 cm
front: 62 cm
back: 70 cm
sleeve to cuff: 61 cm
shoulder to shoulder: 48 cm

kindest regards

u_front.jpg

u_back.jpg

u_in_cuff.jpg

u_cuff.jpg

u_col.jpg