TYPE B-9???

Discussion in 'Cloth' started by RB25, Jan 10, 2019.

1. RB25

RB25 Member

Need some help identifying this jacket as I can’t seem to find much by a google search. Maker tag is hard to get a full photo of. This is what it says but can’t see. TYPE B-9 isnt exposed it’s sewn and folded under the naked tag. I’ll attach pics, very similar to the B15 in appearance. Had anyone ever seen one or have one out there? The B9’s ive seen are a lot longer and not cut like a flight jacket. I appreciate any guidance from the field.

TYPE B-9
    HEAVY
    SPECIFICATION 1208
    CONTRACT 723
    APPLEMAN MFG CO

Attached Files:

2. RB25

RB25 Member

Additional photos

Attached Files:

3. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

No expert on such things, but they don’t look like AAF knits to me. It ain’t no B-9. I would guess post-war civilian jacket.

4. RB25

RB25 Member

I Appreciate the reply my thoughts as well since the only B9 I’ve seen is a parka.

5. Geeboo

Geeboo Well-Known Member

low quality jkt create out of imagination

6. dinomartino1

dinomartino1 Active Member

I think the jacket has had another label put open it, looks like a post war civilian jacket?
    Appleman mfg where still making clothing for the US military in the late 6os

RB25 likes this.
  7. RB25

RB25 Member

All I could find this far was that APPLEMAN was a contractor for the military as well. I haven’t looked into what they have made yet. I appreciate everyone’s input, pretty much confirming my thoughts it’s a civilian build of some sorts.

8. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Only 3 original contract manufacturers for B9's
    Ben Greenholtz
    Eddie Bauer
    Reed Products

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Concure with all am....civilian and or low cost repro.

10. RB25

RB25 Member

Truly appreciate all the replies and knowledge provided this will be a new work jacket. Luckily it came my way from a relative who frequents estate sales and thought it was a military jacket I may like. Decent enough jacket luckily as a beater for working in the garage or yard