• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Type A1 Eastman jacket missing

VeraVoulik

Hello!

On February this year, member ShanghaiJack sent me his A-1 ELC jacket asking me to paint an artwork on it.

Parcel reached Customs in France on February 14th....and then disapeared, possibly stolen in Chronopost services.

I ask you, if you see an ELC A-1 jacket for sale in size 46 on internet in France/Europe area, please contact me to check if it is the missing jacket.

I offer a free artwork commission (on jacket or navigation kit) to whoever can help to trace this jacket.

VeraVoulik

Pilot

Sorry Jack, sorry Vera, hope the jacket comes back to one of you.
Another good reason to only ship via highest priority and insurance etc… The French ( Chronopost: half Gov. owned ) postal system became the lousiest one in Europe ( by experiences ).
Again, hope all clears up for you.

VeraVoulik

Sorry Jack, sorry Vera, hope the jacket comes back to one of you.
Another good reason to only ship via highest priority and insurance etc… The French ( Chronopost: half Gov. owned ) postal system became the lousiest one in Europe ( by experiences ).
Again, hope all clears up for you.

I use french group "La Poste" usually and in many years, never lost anything. usually USPS works with la Poste and there, don't know why, it was handled to Chronopost...one of the worst express companies :(

Pilot

I use french group "La Poste" usually and in many years, never lost anything. usually USPS works with la Poste and there, don't know why, it was handled to Chronopost...one of the worst express companies :(
USPS : United States Postal Services : Postal..
Chonopost/La Poste etc…goes down on the same path/pace/pattern as all French Gov. handled and managed ( des-) organization go.… A real shame and disgrace.
Had 2 issues with them in le last few months… one even with a jacket from France to NL ( sold to a great member here ).. anotherone to a French buyer ( again CGT/FO , strikes , greves „ nouvelles chances pour la France“ manners… etc…)…
Luckily the French buyer insisted and asked for it…
For me and my other buyers… the highest, the fastest, the best efficiency possible… regardless of costs…Better invest than cry… already discussed here in hundreds of posts.
One likes, great, one does not… great…
Again, sorry for Jack and your loss…
For me…FEDEX, DHL, UPS ,TNT, EMS only… highest costs and price… but it arrives!

Last edited:

Pa12

USPS : United States Postal Services : Postal..
Chonopost/La Poste etc…goes down on the same path/pace/pattern as all French Gov. handled and managed ( des-) organization go.… A real shame and disgrace.
Had 2 issues with them in le last few months… one even with a jacket from France to NL ( sold to a great member here ).. anotherone to a French buyer ( again CGT/FO , strikes , greves „ nouvelles chances pour la France“ manners… etc…)…
Luckily the French buyer insisted and asked for it…
For me and my other buyers… the highest, the fastest, the best efficiency possible… regardless of costs…Better invest than cry… already discussed here in hundreds of posts.
One likes, great, one does not… great…
Again, sorry for Jack and your loss…
For me…FEDEX, DHL, UPS ,TNT, EMS only… highest costs and price… but it arrives!
I had a similar situation last year shipping with usps from the us to Canada. It bounced all over the us and then disappeared. Inquiries were made but no one knew where it was. We had written it off . Then one day it showed up at my door. After a 3 month journey. It would normally take a few days.

Nickb123

Hello!

On February this year, member ShanghaiJack sent me his A-1 ELC jacket asking me to paint an artwork on it.

Parcel reached Customs in France on February 14th....and then disapeared, possibly stolen in Chronopost services.

I ask you, if you see an ELC A-1 jacket for sale in size 46 on internet in France/Europe area, please contact me to check if it is the missing jacket.

I offer a free artwork commission (on jacket or navigation kit) to whoever can help to trace this jacket.

VeraVoulik
Same thing happened to me. I recommend seeing if it’s not too late to file a claim with your credit card, or asking your client to. Too early in morning to wrap my head about how that would work…

Not to harp on about my misfortunes, but this has happened to me twice now. After customs it just disappears.

When selling, I rarely declare the full value of my items for this reason. I don’t want some parcel worker to see its worth and run off with it.

Perhaps I’m doing it all backwards.

Pa12

Indeed. I’ve ordered things through the mail constantly for 40 years and never had a single problem until last year. I don’t know if it’s world wide , but I did read that the us postal was having money issues and we’re trying to cut costs. I believe this is why parcels bounce around rather then going direct.

Pilot

Same thing happened to me. I recommend seeing if it’s not too late to file a claim with your credit card, or asking your client to. Too early in morning to wrap my head about how that would work…

Not to harp on about my misfortunes, but this has happened to me twice now. After customs it just disappears.

When selling, I rarely declare the full value of my items for this reason. I don’t want some parcel worker to see its worth and run off with it.

Perhaps I’m doing it all backwards.
Again, sorry to read about your loss.
But two fatal mistakes here:
1) The postal workers/handlers cannot read your declaration… its all in a sealed envelope…. only customs can if they wish and have time ( or suspicions).. then they scan or open your sealed envelope or parcel. Thieves can/may only see on a scanner, whats inside your package..
2) Low value lost parcels have no priority when searching for them… High declared value parcels if lost have surely a higher priority to be tracked and traced since it will cost more to compensate.
Conclusion… „cheap can be very costly at the end…“
Again, sorry for your lost package.

B-Man2

In the US any postal worker can tell that you have an excessive amount of insurance on a package by looking at the cost of shipment sticker placed on the package. Because of this I refrain from posting shipments with added insurance .

Chandler

In the US any postal worker can tell that you have an excessive amount of insurance on a package by looking at the cost of shipment sticker placed on the package. Because of this I refrain from posting shipments with added insurance .
If you have a USPS online account, and pay for -- then print your own label, you have an option to leave the shipping cost off... avoiding prying eyes.

ShanghaiJack

Thank you Vera for making this thread.
No pics, dark seal A-1, not 50Cal, and...
Lessons learned.

I'm not hoping for a miracle, but USPS Int'l
Branch updated me that they'll give those
in France 30 days to determine the whereabouts
of the parcel.

I'm not an optimist, in these matters.