• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TYPE A-1 Dateline

zoomer

Right let’s not F... about this time.
Let’s get this small consortium organised to buy it and have it replicated only by ..... JC. Aero. BK. ELC, Headwind, DD, BR, McCoys, etc etc.

And I want it with pockets. And Without pockets as well. Pockets Stitched onto the lining in one side and not on the other. Cover all possible peasky customer requests. Buttons or poppers at the bottom. Hell let’s have both.
Shoes, bicycles, all kinda s**t can nowadays be made "Build-Your-Own" at a reasonable rate with a range of colors/features/materials to the customer's request.

Jackets? Not yet. But why not? Cultural disconnect? Or is there a financial interest in not doing so?

zoomer

No one touched that question so I'm giving this a "bump" (after searching on Mirabelli).

Making jackets is apparently orders of magnitude more complex than making shoes, shirts, or bicycles. I raised the question to the reddit group r/streetwearstartup and got just one response. Apparently, unless you have "your own manufacturer" (no explanation what that means), a semi-custom jacket would offer no cost savings over a one-off.