• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two tier Eastman

John Lever

Screenshot_20191218-183317.png
Several photos I have seen seem to suggest that jackets sold to the far east differ to those sold to the domestic market.
Thoughts on this B3 ?

foster

Color?
I know that I have seen some pretty wild colors on Buzz Rickson jackets before.

I agree. I just saw some weird 'russet' on some BR sheepskin jackets in Japan last week. Seemed a little too much pumpkin spice to me.

Attachments

• IMG_7405.JPG
    IMG_7405.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 280

Smithy

I'm with Mikey, I wouldn't be surprised either although it's a bit off if they're sending the good stuff to the Far East and us schmucks get the "oh it'll do, don't worry about it" bits and bobs.

Southoftheborder

Many Japanese businesses do not sell jackets that have been tried on 'as new'. The one you buy has not been tried on at all.

That's why jackets from Japan are so cheap on eBay used of course. The Japanese are very fussy about second hand clothing and most would never buy used so the market there is weak. It's a pity they're mostly so small though because even with shipping and VAT on import a used one from Japan can be very competitive.