• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

twelve o'clock high toby jug

dinomartino1

I don't know if this been has posted before, a reproduction of the toby jug from the film twelve o'clock, in my opinion not just one of the best war films but one of the best films of all time. It sure looks good if a bit pricey but saying that it is pretty big. Too expensive for me but I would certainly like one.
The coffee mug size is way more affordable. Have a look at the history link some interesting stuff about the jug.

https://archbury.net

"As I developed a customer base, I realized that sooner or later someone would call me that knew where the original jug went. That call came in about 1998. Randy Baker from the Center for Leadership Studies in Escondido, California called to order some jugs (they use Twelve O’clock High in their curriculum) and in the course of our conversation he mentioned that he had run into a descendant of General Frank Armstrong and that the original movie jug had been an Armstrong family heirloom since 1949. A little research revealed that Armstrong had died in Tampa, Florida on August 20, 1969 so I contacted the Tampa Tribune and had them send me a copy of the obituaries from that day. These articles listed his surviving family members who were ultimately able to lead me to the Jug. Indeed, the original movie Jug had been presented to General Armstrong as a gift from Henry King at the end of filming. Upon General Armstrong’s death, the Jug was bequeathed to his sister, Mrs. I. T. Valentine who cherished and loved her brother’s historic piece. Somehow, in the early 1990s, it mysteriously disappeared from their home and has not been seen since."

Toby-Jug-11-2.jpg

Screen-shot-1-1000x800.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

Last edited:

seres

When I ordered my jug a few years ago, I was fortunate to talk to Pete about it’s history. The replica is huge, the size of the movie jug. It is hand painted and finished, and no two jugs are exactly alike.

Smithy

I'd love one of those. The price is actually pretty good when you consider that they're hand painted. Just the thing for the man cave.

Showing my time of working for an antique dealer whilst at uni, but it's technically a character jug. A Toby jug is the whole body, a character jug is just a head. Remember that as it's the sort of inane question to come up at the local pub quiz.