• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to stay strong... Stop buying random jackets

Centaurus3200

I'm a sucker for a deal. There's a Schott G1 A2M (probably 674?) sorta locally. I can get it for $40. Still a 3 hour round trip. And try as I might, I can't think of one good reason I need it when I have a perfectly good 1964 Ralph Edwards G-1 at my disposal.

Besides, I think 7 leather jackets is enough? My wife certainly thinks so. Lol!

Must. Stay. Strong.

B-Man2

I can share how I rationalize that :;)
It’s $40.00 ..... The price of lunch with your wife in a moderate level restaurant in non CV-19 times . Like most of us you probably haven’t eaten out in quite a while .... Right ?
BINGO!! The jackets yours ! :)
See how that works ?;)

Centaurus3200

Haha! Well, it's really the drive time more than anything. I'll just admire the Ralph Edwards awesomeness some more to placate myself... but yeah, if the schott was staring right at me for $40, it would be mine.

You're response will probably "its a pandemic, what else you gotta do? Take a drive!"

I can share how I rationalize that :;)
It’s $40.00 ..... The price of lunch with your wife in a moderate level restaurant in non CV-19 times . Like most of us you probably haven’t eaten out in quite a while .... Right ?
BINGO!! The jackets yours ! :)
See how that works ?;)

Last edited:

B-Man2

You're response will probably "its a pandemic, what else you gotta do? Take a drive!"

Hag
[/QUOTE]
Ahhh ..... You have learned your lessons well Grasshoppa! ;)

Smithy

Just do it if it makes you happy and you've got the coin to do so.

I've personally reached the point now where I've stopped buying jackets. I've come to the conclusion that I've got enough or got too many whichever way you look at it.

I love this forum but I'm a watcher now not a buyer, I'll live vicariously through others.

Plus my wife told me if I promised to stop buying "silly jackets" she will buy me that sword I've talked about for an age (long story!).

busdrivermike

Oh I know I know, I just bought a western style leather shirt at a thrift store
Made in Canada by Rottweiler leather Heavy black leather looks new weighs more then my A2
It was $30 so I actually gave it a couple days then went in and it was still there, I gave myself
A cooling off period to rationalize do I need a 4th leather shirt ?
Yes ! It’s heavy will offer warmth and protection when riding and $30 I spend that much in coffee over a couple weeks
So I’ll make coffee bring a thermos for the next while and keep it in the back of my motorcycle gear closet till spring
And hope the cats don’t rat me out to the wife :p :cool:
but honestly even my wife was like $30 ? That’s a crazy deal
F7DC3EB1-B0EF-40CF-B8C4-7BAC5445EA84.jpeg

FF2D6BF9-D044-4BFF-9C2E-544DB41E0F66.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

I’ve just done the opposite. There was a ‘69 Alpha MA-1 in a local vintage shop before Xmas at a decent price. I had one years ago, great jacket, but seldom wore it, and sold it. I came very close to going back for this one, but I finally convinced myself that I really didn’t need it, it would only be taking up room in the cupboard, I don’t particularly like the skinhead look, and I have better uses for the money. That would never have happened years ago.

bazzer

It between a madness and obsession
I am happy with one of each jacket I like

I am in to wearing my ones not collecting I try to rational think do I need this ? will it fit ? Or Is it better then the one I've got ? If yes then I get it then sell the old one

I have a some repros for a daily wearer

Tends to keep me on the stright but if you ask my family they would probably say I show none of this restraint

Baz

Spitfireace

It between a madness and obsession
I am happy with one of each jacket I like

I am in to wearing my ones not collecting I try to rational think do I need this ? will it fit ? Or Is it better then the one I've got ? If yes then I get it then sell the old one

I have a some repros for a daily wearer

Tends to keep me on the stright but if you ask my family they would probably say I show none of this restraint

Baz
can't keep your paws off it.