• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to identify Italian sheepskin bomber jacket

platypi

I'm not sure if this is really the right place to post this kind of thing, so let me know if anybody has another thread or forum this might fit into more. Anyway, a bit ago I picked up a secondhand lambskin bomber in South Africa, and recently got curious as to where it might have come from. I'll post pictures if anybody wants, but there aren't many distinguishing marks. There's only one tag, and it says (in Italian) that it was handmade in Italy with real leather and viscose lining. The brand seems to be giallo cromo, since that's stitched in a couple places. The only reference to this brand I was able to find was an Italian ebay listing. While giallo cromo just means chrome yellow, the jacket is a dark green, and given the stitching, I am fairly certain it's the brand, since nowhere else does it say. Thanks to anyone for their help.

pics:

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

From the description, I would say if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...what else were you hoping to find out? I don’t think there’s a lot more to tell you-it’s an Italian-made commercially-produced leather jacket, probably lamb skin as you say. What it isn’t going to be is military issue of any kind, and it’s not a well-known or sought-after maker as far as I know.

platypi

From the description, I would say if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...what else were you hoping to find out? I don’t think there’s a lot more to tell you-it’s an Italian-made commercially-produced leather jacket, probably lamb skin as you say. What it isn’t going to be is military issue of any kind, and it’s not a well-known or sought-after maker as far as I know.
I'm mostly trying to find out what the production process was like- where the leather came from, if it was hand made as it claims/custom order, maybe how it got to ZA and why I can't find anything more. It's obviously not something I have to know, but that kind of thing interests me.

MikeyB-17

Fair do’s, although I have my doubts that anyone here is going to know much more-it’s a commercial fashion jacket which isn’t really what we’re into here-mind you I have been surprised more than once! Could use some better pics of the jacket laid flat so we can get a good look at it-pics of it hanging on a hook aren’t much help!:)