• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trousers, Selvage Denim, (model 1940 with back-buckle) from the QMI

dinomartino1

Trousers, Selvage Denim, (model 1940 with back-buckle) from the QMI

https://qmi.be/trousers-selvage-denim-model-1940-with-back-buckle.html

Has anybody got these, pretty cheap for selvage jeans.

qmi-01_01_02_135-02.jpg

qmi-qq.jpg

Carl

I might just have to get me a pair of those , for that price, cheap enough to work in !!

Cocker

@dinomartino1 Those are manufactured by Lutece MFG. I have one pair of the more recent run from Lutece that I'm wearing right now, already posted a couple pics in here too. IMO, best bang for the money. They are sturdy, and pretty well made. They're a bit pricer (79EUR), but the upgrade in material and stitching is worth the difference.

dinomartino1

@dinomartino1 Those are manufactured by Lutece MFG. I have one pair of the more recent run from Lutece that I'm wearing right now, already posted a couple pics in here too. IMO, best bang for the money. They are sturdy, and pretty well made. They're a bit pricer (79EUR), but the upgrade in material and stitching is worth the difference.

Where did you get the new run from, I can't find them on the QMI site if the ones I posted in the link are not the new model.
How did you find the shrinkage on the waist, did you get your size or one size up.

Last edited:

Cocker

@dinomartino1 I got them from here: https://www.ferromil.de/All-Lutece-...ce-MFG-Co-Denim-Jeans-30-40s-Style::1304.html

Lutece MFG is Ferromil's house brand. They are providing for QMI and Soldier of Fortune. It seems their price went up a bit, though... I checked and they were 89EUR, not 79, when I bought them, sorry.

Regarding the shrinkage in the waist, I found it quite negligeable. And as for the size, seen they are really high waisted, I ordered one size smaller. Where a 32 is just on the limit with a regular waist, it's perfect with those. I actually arranged with Stephanie from Ferromil, ordered two pairs, one 32 and one 34, and returned the one that was too big. She's pretty nice and answers very fast to the emails.

dinomartino1

I've worked out costs to Australia.
As usual postage buggers up the cheap price.
In Euros
QMI not sure if old or new version 59 + 46 post total 96
Ferramil new version? 95.20 + 40 post total 135.20
Suldier of fortune, not sure if old or new version 46.48 +33.46 post total 79.74
[The only shop that took off the vat at checkout]

Last edited:

dinomartino1

Just in case anybody is interested in these I checked with soldier of fortune, they measured the waist for me in the 30s and 40s model and they where true to size, the 30s model is slightly more fitted.
Hem on the 30s is 9"
Hem on the 40s is 9 3/4"