• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trim A-2s on a budget?

flymonkey

Hey everyone, the jacket arrived today!! Fiance is quite taken with it and it fits well :)

Just one issue - it seems that there's a scratch on the arm of the jacket. Is there a way to repair it? Would applying some type of conditioner or polish help with it? Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_20200923_175751.jpg
    IMG_20200923_175751.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 197

mulceber

Hmm...it's sort of hard to tell from the photo but that looks like more than a scratch. Scratches are common, and a leather jacket will get tons of them over the course of its use (unless you're babying it, of course). That looks more like a fault in the surface of the leather to me, although more pictures would help. At any rate, this would be something worth contacting Ken about, I think, if for no other reason then so he can reassure you.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Hey everyone, the jacket arrived today!! Fiance is quite taken with it and it fits well :)

Just one issue - it seems that there's a scratch on the arm of the jacket. Is there a way to repair it? Would applying some type of conditioner or polish help with it? Thanks all!
Hi
Traditionally when one of us gets a new jacket or an old jacket , doesn’t matter , we post
“ fit pictures “ of our new acquisition. By doing this you become part of the VLJ tradition and a true VLJ veteran, and everyone gets to see your new jacket and wish you congrats . So have your fiancée show us his new jacket. He will then be given the instructions for the secret “VLJ hand shake “ and will be officially considered a VLJ brother for life .............. :oops:

Ahhhh .... just bullshitting you! , but we would like to see your new jacket ;)

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

I very much doubt it's structurally weak, the cutters would have avoided it. However if it turns out to be, as everyone knows, there's no time limit to Aero's guarantees
If it's going to bother you that's another matter
We did list some more A-2s yesterday

and a couple of really special ones will be up next week, not cheap though :)

flymonkey

Hmm...it's sort of hard to tell from the photo but that looks like more than a scratch. Scratches are common, and a leather jacket will get tons of them over the course of its use (unless you're babying it, of course). That looks more like a fault in the surface of the leather to me, although more pictures would help. At any rate, this would be something worth contacting Ken about, I think, if for no other reason then so he can reassure you.
Yeah, I contacted Aero about it and they got back to me saying that it's a natural mark/scar that won't get worse - which is a big relief, phew!

Hi
Traditionally when one of us gets a new jacket or an old jacket , doesn’t matter , we post
“ fit pictures “ of our new acquisition. By doing this you become part of the VLJ tradition and a true VLJ veteran, and everyone gets to see your new jacket and wish you congrats . So have your fiancée show us his new jacket. He will then be given the instructions for the secret “VLJ hand shake “ and will be officially considered a VLJ brother for life .............. :oops:

Ahhhh .... just bullshitting you! , but we would like to see your new jacket ;)
Haha, nice! I'll let him know about this secret club he can join and see if he'll be okay posting fit pics for y'all :)

I very much doubt it's structurally weak, the cutters would have avoided it. However if it turns out to be, as everyone knows, there's no time limit to Aero's guarantees
If it's going to bother you that's another matter
We did list some more A-2s yesterday

and a couple of really special ones will be up next week, not cheap though :)
Just looked, the Bronco was a used jacket, sh*t happens
Maybe that's how it ended up back with us, damaged by the original owner
Thank you for replying onto the thread Ken!! :) Yeah it was a bit of a gamble jumpin on a used jacket haha, but I was super excited when I saw one in my desired contract and type of leather. Still, it works for us as is - though who knows, I feel like I've somehow caught the A-2 bug even though I'm not even the one wearing it!

CBI

once the jacket gets worn a lot, broken in, more scuffs, scratches, etc. it probably won't be noticed!

MikeyB-17

I doubt anyone will notice the mark when it's being worn - and in any case, most of us here recommend wearing them hard, so it will no doubt acquire more marks in the process. Looks like it has a bit of wear already, which is no bad thing.