• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tread carefully?

tibor

From the first time I saw this I thought, what oddly cropped photos. It didn’t even register as an A1 to me until I looked closer. I don’t know the rules of ebay selling, but after this many weeks (months?) I’d have updated/augmented the pics in the posting.

Skyhawk

That it is interesting jacket. It's not your standard A-1. I have discussed this jacket before. The key difference is the lined collar knit. Also I would have to go over my notes, but I think 8 button front. 6 mains and 2 instead of the snaps at the bottom. Also the pocket placement is different. The original jacket this was based on must have been a test jacket or a limited run, or possible private purchase. It was being used as a flight jacket though so a it being a contract jacket is certainly probable.

Last edited:

Skyhawk

From the first time I saw this I thought, what oddly cropped photos. It didn’t even register as an A1 to me until I looked closer. I don’t know the rules of ebay selling, but after this many weeks (months?) I’d have updated/augmented the pics in the posting.
I suspect that since the pocket placement is different than a standard A-1, the seller cropped the photos at the point where the placement, in relation to the waistband, is not visible. Maybe they thought it wouldn't sell. If they knew what the jacket was and marketed it accordingly, it probably would sell. That's the funny part.

Shifty, yes. However, this may point to the fact that the seller does have the jacket in their possession. They could take the photos and edit them. Unless they found the photos online. First time I seen the photos though

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

only the fact that each of the jackets is in a different size would make me kind of wondering - as long as it is not a dealer it is quiet unusual ...

Last edited:

Erwin

This would be good to discuss directly with the seller and ask for more detailed pictures and additional information. Looks like this seller is aware of how rare this item is.

jimmy greene

The same good wear A-1 from two different sellers on e-bay
s-l500a.jpg
s-l1600 6.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600 6.jpg
    s-l1600 6.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 49
  • s-l500a.jpg
    s-l500a.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 45