• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trade Option

a2jacketpatches

Hi all,

I'm an artist of mixed-media and an avid military collector/dealer focused mainly but not limited to the U.S. Army Air Force of WW2. You'll see in the link below that along with my good friend and partner Jim, we create custom leather insignia for Reproduction Flight Jackets. Most here know me as an active member of years. Some may remember Jim but his participation here ended almost as quickly as it started.

I'm bringing to the table an option that may be of help to some members here. I recently acquired an N-2A through this forum, very happy about this as I was issued the same type while serving USAF Strategic Air Command in the 80's. It worked out great for both parties, he found the need for some custom made patches as a fair trade. I'm open to anything really providing you have a general idea of what you want for the item and that is best determined before approaching me. Otherwise I can only make a fair assumption of value based on actual realized sales and my desire for the item.

Also, I've noticed an extreme dislike for Ebay and Paypal over the past couple of years that seems to be warranted only by the some of the complications involved. I have a well rounded knowledge of the system and keep up to date with the new technology and revisions. I have combined Ebay and PP accounts of about 18 years and can help facilitate any sale there. My feedback speaks for my integrity with never anything less than flawless reviews, thousands of them.

In short, I welcome trades and offer a little help to the Ebay challenged.

Please see this link - http://www.jbmilart.com/

ButteMT61

I was looking at your patches again last night and even though I'm not going to put any on my remaining jackets, I wanted to buy a few of them that I love. Amazing work. If I pickup another A-2 that is not one of the $1k-$1,5k models, I'll get a patch for it. Hard part will be choosing.

Of course I'm in a holding pattern for layoffs this year so I might be selling everything I own just to pay the mortgage if that happens...
But great idea on the trades. I know lots of times I get offered a trade for something - assuming I don't need the money, it's a great opportunity to move some things and maybe not even spend any money.

a2jacketpatches

ButteMT61 said:
I was looking at your patches again last night and even though I'm not going to put any on my remaining jackets, I wanted to buy a few of them that I love. Amazing work. If I pickup another A-2 that is not one of the $1k-$1,5k models, I'll get a patch for it. Hard part will be choosing.

Of course I'm in a holding pattern for layoffs this year so I might be selling everything I own just to pay the mortgage if that happens...
But great idea on the trades. I know lots of times I get offered a trade for something - assuming I don't need the money, it's a great opportunity to move some things and maybe not even spend any money.

You got it Scott, any time, just let me know and you'll get a special discount.

As for the trades, it's a petty good deal if you can use some patches. I'll usually up the value of patches a bit so it's not and even dollar per dollar trade. For instance, you want 500- for that repro A2? choose 600- out of my store. And I'd jump on a Japanese helmet just as quick so we're not limited to the narrow interests of the majority in this forum. Of course things have to be realistic and not just a wish-it price. And negotiations aren't up for public discussion. This is what I bring to the table, my table. In the event someone is trying to move something that is not moving it could be a win win for both. Likewise if they want some of my work but are limited on funds.

The N-2A was offered here with no interest after a few days so I tossed the idea out there and now I own it. You may see me simply drop a link within a thread here just to get the wheels turning for the seller, I won't have much to say, just the link. Always tossing some kind of wheel and deal around in my head so this may be a great neutral approach where even the most enquiring of minds will see it fit to respect privacy.

a2jacketpatches

Looking for Balfour and Meyers pattern full size wings, broken clutches or pins no problem. I need originals to make embossing dies and they are the perfect design for this application. Finally figured out an effective way to make the dies so they last and can be easily reproduced.