• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Price Top Gun Jacket

Riggs5893

Opening price, but no guarantee there will be any interest at the opening price, so could end up lower, I’m sure it will sell though.

Attachments

• 5B13DF80-DE1A-4A31-9D28-03D2E162AC1E.jpeg
    5B13DF80-DE1A-4A31-9D28-03D2E162AC1E.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 178

917_k

There’s 1 Bid at £6k though so it won’t go lower now

Apologies, I hadn’t seen that.

There are a few other interesting items in that auction, including the Fury ‘wardaddy’ tanker jacket:

507ECAE5-70AE-4667-A8EC-ED817FC69FAB.jpeg

And a deceased Brad Pitt....

5A04AB01-7C63-457C-A6A0-A91DBD3754AA.jpeg

Quite what one could do with that I’ve no idea, I suppose it makes for a unique Halloween display....

Riggs5893

Apologies, I hadn’t seen that.

There are a few other interesting items in that auction, including the Fury ‘wardaddy’ tanker jacket:

View attachment 46230

And a deceased Brad Pitt....

View attachment 46231

Quite what one could do with that I’ve no idea, I suppose it makes for a unique Halloween display....
Haha it’s a cool piece but yeah, not sure how you’d display it the rest of the year

Nickb123

Nick if that’s the cockpit version, looks amazing to my mind just like the Top Gun one…

Thanks. Now please don’t make me want to get another…

They’re not easy to find discounted off the retail price. Though, I would buy now in the event the original copy ever gets replaced by the new “modified flag” one. I’m not a very political person, but that makes my blood boil.

Brettafett

Its an iconic jacket for sure.
Personally, I could never wear this patched version, but I am very tempted to get another unpatched one. 100 Missions....
Essentially its the same jacket, sans the patchees, and recently been 'updated' to include the separated leather boxes at the base of the zip.
These do run a bit short in the body, with sleeves of generous length, so... a bit odd. But hell of a nice jacket, that oozes quality and 'coolness'.
Note. Apparently, its actually based on an M-422A. So although the TG Heroes (original movie jacket being an original G-1...) and 100 Missions are supposed to be the 'same jacket, it makes me frown, when they admit things like this.
Cockpit/ Avirex are full of mysteries.

entertainment

Silly, perhaps, but that film had a big impact on me as a kid! Would gladly wear it to the theatres for the sequel, but you’re right, probably a good call. It’s funny - I watch it now and it’s lost much of its loving feeling.
Nothing against the movie. Remember enjoying it quite a bit back in the day.

But that number of patches reminds me of the flair pins in Office Space: