• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toning down a B-3?

stanier

I can't believe it. Incredible. Destroyed, and why?? Its Snackson's money and do what he likes with it, but people wait years for a John jacket, for their fit and authenticity. FFS, if you dont want to be seen wearing a B-3 why buy one and then do this to it? Now it's a deformed B-3. I would really look now and think what a dunce B-3.

Gobsmacked for one, and just goes to show, it takes all sorts to make a world.

Stay safe everyone.

Heisenberg

I can't believe it. Incredible. Destroyed, and why?? Its Snackson's money and do what he likes with it, but people wait years for a John jacket, for their fit and authenticity. FFS, if you dont want to be seen wearing a B-3 why buy one and then do this to it? Now it's a deformed B-3. I would really look now and think what a dunce B-3.

Gobsmacked for one, and just goes to show, it takes all sorts to make a world.

Stay safe everyone.

John Chapman or ... John Lever ?

B-Man2

While the deeds been already been done , I have to ask why you didn’t consider just having a custom B-3 made by 5 Star or another maker? It probably would have saved you some money and saved a nice B-3?
Just asking

stanier

I meant John Chapman. But if this was a John Lever sale & purchase then ok but same result. Feels almost worse though, the time and trouble John Lever puts into sourcing his jackets. Certainly the result is the same. Buy a cheapo B-3 if you want to do this to it. I dont want to be personal, but I am shocked at the jacket depths plunged here. Lots of expletives come to mind, but I'll try and move on. It's his jackets, it's his choice.

stanier

I know I may seem over the top in my response, but I am genuinely shocked. You get some guys on this forum clearly with loads of knowledge but limited budgets and they make the best of that trying to hone a budget jacket into their dream. Sometimes that works well, and sometimes, sadly produces a polished turd.

This guy gets a nice B-3 and manages to turn it into a deep brown matt turd, and is proud of it!

Good luck to him, but don't look for plaudits on vlj or have we completely lost our way..

Heisenberg

I meant John Chapman. But if this was a John Lever sale & purchase then ok but same result. Feels almost worse though, the time and trouble John Lever puts into sourcing his jackets. Certainly the result is the same. Buy a cheapo B-3 if you want to do this to it. I dont want to be personal, but I am shocked at the jacket depths plunged here. Lots of expletives come to mind, but I'll try and move on. It's his jackets, it's his choice.

I thought the same confusion as you ... if it was a B-3 GW, it was a double sacrilege
because John Chapman only made ... three B-3s

Flash Badger

While the jacket doesn’t exactly look hideous I don’t understand why you would wreck a $1000+ jacket when you could sell it and get a 5* made exactly how you want and probably still come away with enough for a A2 from the same maker?I would have left as is.

I wore my RMNZ B3 out for the first time yesterday, felt great and got a few compliments. I don’t think I’ve felt like a plum in any of my sheepskins and generally only get positive reactions.

each to their own of course.

Garry

stanier

Stanier , I agree with you , but others here have ruined beautiful jackets with patch ... and blood chit

I'm not keen on patches and blood chits myself, but at least they have credibility. This deformity has no credibility and is just very very sad, on a number of fronts.

Heisenberg

Yes my friend !

A068D8F4-AF43-4A26-93F1-6D954D364502.jpeg

Micawber

Bit of a shame to do that to a quality garment really. But hey ho, the world keeps turning, Spring has sprung here in Englandshire, the lambs are popping, the trees are budding and if some stranger wants to do things to his jacket then so be it, I won't be losing sleep over it.

Garylafortuna

There is a difference between patching up a jacket and what has been done to this jacket. The basic character or the DNA of what was once a B-3 has been irreversibly altered. This jacket is no longer a B-3.
Welcome to the Forum Snackson. You are making a splash.