• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question

Ritchy

Someone offers me a G1 7823 C 1966 irvin b foster for 200 € in size 44. The knits, although having been changed, are not in conformity in terms of color, length and pattern and the estimate for the replacement is 140€. Although I wear 54 Eu, the 44US from that era is very small and I probably won't be able to wear it.
This jacket is in very good condition and I've been hesitating for several days.
What would you do ?

JonnyCrow

Someone offers me a G1 7823 C 1966 irvin b foster for 200 € in size 44. The knits, although having been changed, are not in conformity in terms of color, length and pattern and the estimate for the replacement is 140€. Although I wear 54 Eu, the 44US from that era is very small and I probably won't be able to wear it.
This jacket is in very good condition and I've been hesitating for several days.
What would you do ?
You answered it yourself Ritchy, if in doubt shout out

Erwin

Although I wear 54 Eu, the 44US from that era is very small and I probably won't be able to wear it.
If the zipper is in great shape - especially the pin [wht very often is a pain on C series, when zipper tape was sewn too far from the proper position - the deep mounting which doesn't expose the pin to higher insertion force]. The 200 EUR price is low for the Irvin Foster jacket in 44 sizes, even with knits for replacement. Based on the price tag description jacket is in the EU, and easy to re-sell...

Ritchy

Si la fermeture à glissière est en bon état - en particulier la goupille [ce qui est très souvent pénible sur la série C, lorsque le ruban de fermeture à glissière a été cousu trop loin de la bonne position - le montage profond qui n'expose pas la goupille à une force d'insertion plus élevée]. Le prix de 200 EUR est bas pour la veste Irvin Foster en 44 tailles, même avec des tricots de remplacement. Sur la base de la description de l'étiquette de prix, la veste est dans l'UE et facile à revendre...
According to the remains of the label and my research on "A better fighting garnment" it must be this contract of 66 : IRVIN B. FOSTER SPORTSWEAR CO. CONTRACT NO. DSA-100-0308
1685453297.jpeg
1684867763.jpeg
1684863057.jpeg

Last edited:

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

200€ is not bad for a G-1 but if the knits need to be replaced adding 140€ (which is very cheap in my opinion) plus fur collar seems to have some issues as well, you are buying a project rather than a wearable jacket. Judging only by the label, this jacket has seen lots of wear during its life....I would just wait for a better option even if it is more expensive.

Ritchy

200€ is not bad for a G-1 but if the knits need to be replaced adding 140€ (which is very cheap in my opinion) plus fur collar seems to have some issues as well, you are buying a project rather than a wearable jacket. Judging only by the label, this jacket has seen lots of wear during its life....I would just wait for a better option even if it is more expensive.
Thank you Jorge,
Your opinion agrees with that of Chandler and JonnyCrow. I'll skip my turn and wait for a better option
Cheers