• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TO BE ?... OR NOT TO BE? .... A Tale of two B-10s

Top-Notcher

i own a BR B -10 (fantastic) and the Bronson B 10 .What i find really annoying with the Bronson is the feeling of to much fur in lower sleeves . So my arms feeling like big salamis. :-( Maybe a good taylor can help me.Jacket was bought in last year. On my first 2 or 3 years ago the lining stretched like hell and in the end it was the same situation with the sleeves.

mulceber

Hi All, as Burt asked, I've put together a brief review of the Bob Dong B-10. I managed to snag this jacket on eBay last spring/summer used but almost unworn for a song, and it was a great deal.

ECF5D66C-311D-40CF-9F82-263A25D60D4A_1_105_c.jpeg

The shell feels VERY different from the Bronson B-15A I have. This feels more like a traditional cotton twill, whereas the Bronson has a very tightly-woven fabric that almost has a synthetic quality to it (although their website says it's 100% cotton, and I have no reason to doubt them).
86181859-E397-47C7-8ADB-24BAF49926E2_1_105_c.jpeg

The Mouton is nice and thick, but also workmanlike, exactly what I'd expect from a piece of military equipment. This is superior to the mouton on Bronson's most recent iteration of the B-15A, which feels a bit thin, although the texture is similar.

ABBC462F-D909-47CF-966B-72B4F2FDA6C3_1_105_c.jpeg

The pile lining looks identical to the Bronson. The wool content is high enough that it feels a little bit scratchy, which I personally like, as it gives me an added sensation of warmth. The lining in my B-15A feels a bit more synthetic, and while it's a great jacket, I prefer the feel of the B-10.

C422A84D-06D8-4F6B-B1D0-368221EE01DC_1_105_c.jpeg

Truth be told, I'm not sure what the knits are made of. They don't feel like the wool on my A-2 jackets, but they feel exactly like the knits on the Bronson B-15A, so I suspect Bob Dong's B-10 uses the same knits.

59C0CF11-2AAD-4117-890F-B20640EBBD52_1_105_c.jpeg

Not much to say about the pockets. They look pretty much just like the Bronson jacket. The buttons are nice and easy to undo, unlike most leather jackets with buttons that I've worn, and the pockets hold a lot.

22414F87-93C1-4991-83F0-1AA01819B638_1_105_c.jpeg

C47D7DA4-588D-422E-969C-1FBF5DB94B79_1_105_c.jpeg

As others have commented, the roundels on mine appear to be screenprinted. I think mine looks a little bit more faded than others that I've seen, and you can easily see the weave of the fabric through the paint.

50FFDE8B-F4BC-4C05-A85B-8EF4DB2E46BC.jpeg

I think the spec label on the BD is a step above what Burt showed on the Bronson version, as the company name doesn’t appear stylized. I’m not an expert on this jacket, but it looks authentic to me.
66824A33-BED7-44EA-BB5E-DD65E7C31707_1_105_c.jpeg

The buttons look a little darker than either Burt's or Brett's jacket. In person they're more brown than green.

Overall, this is a great jacket. If I was really into the B-10, I'd probably consider upgrading to an Eastman (or an original!), but I prefer the design of the later B-15 series, so, for the price I paid, this is great.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Hi All, as Burt asked, I've put together a brief review of the Bob Dong B-10. I managed to snag this jacket on eBay last spring/summer used but almost unworn for a song, and it was a great deal.

View attachment 52063
The shell feels VERY different from the Bronson B-15A I have. This feels more like a traditional cotton twill, whereas the Bronson has a very tightly-woven fabric that almost has a synthetic quality to it (although their website says it's 100% cotton, and I have no reason to doubt them).
View attachment 52064
The Mouton is nice and thick, but also workmanlike, exactly what I'd expect from a piece of military equipment. This is superior to the mouton on Bronson's most recent iteration of the B-15A, which feels a bit thin, although the texture is similar.

View attachment 52065
The pile lining looks identical to the Bronson. The wool content is high enough that it feels a little bit scratchy, which I personally like, as it gives me an added sensation of warmth. The lining in my B-15A feels a bit more synthetic, and while it's a great jacket, I prefer the feel of the B-10.

View attachment 52066
Truth be told, I'm not sure what the knits are made of. They don't feel like the wool on my A-2 jackets, but they feel exactly like the knits on the Bronson B-15A, so I suspect Bob Dong's B-10 uses the same knits.

View attachment 52067
Not much to say about the pockets. They look pretty much just like the Bronson jacket. The buttons are nice and easy to undo, unlike most leather jackets with buttons that I've worn, and the pockets hold a lot.

View attachment 52068

View attachment 52069
As others have commented, the roundels on mine appear to be screenprinted. I think mine looks a little bit more faded than others that I've seen, and you can easily see the weave of the fabric through the paint.

View attachment 52071
I think the spec label on the BD is a step above what Burt showed on the Bronson version, as the company name doesn’t appear stylized. I’m not an expert on this jacket, but it looks authentic to me.
View attachment 52070
The buttons look a little darker than either Burt's or Brett's jacket. In person they're more brown than green.

Overall, this is a great jacket. If I was really into the B-10, I'd probably consider upgrading to an Eastman (or an original!), but I prefer the design of the later B-15 series, so, for the price I paid, this is great.
Great review Jan!
Great photos as well .
Thanks for posting .

Lord Flashheart

Reading this thread (and thank you Brett and Burt for the great review) I've decided it's Aero B-10 time today.

I picked this B-10 repro up from Aero when I visited them last January to order an Irvin. I had no intention of getting a B-10 when I went but I tried one on in their showroom whilst they were making me a cup of tea and was sold on it as another versatile jacket. So, to add to the repro line-up in this thread here's my Aero B-10. Badged as an Experimental Test Sample (Aero didn't make the B-10 in the war I believe) it's good mid point between heavier shearling and my A-2's. Very red knits and red mouton with comfortable Alpaca lining. NOS Talon zipper and green buttons to the lapel. Made By Anne so the label says (doubtless Ken could say more). I like it more than I ever expected I would. And no USAAF badge on the shoulder either ;)
IMG_1917.jpeg
IMG_1918.jpeg
IMG_1919.jpeg
IMG_1920.jpeg
IMG_1921.jpeg

Lord Flashheart

Thanks Brett. Like I say I wasn't in the market and would be the first to admit I don't know a thing about the B-10 but it's a very practical and comfortable design. Don't know much about alpaca either but that works fine too.