• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tinkerbell is back !!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Some time ago I went looking for a little Capri bell, quickly found one, and haven't seen another since.

He turned out to be too noisy on a Dubow, so he had to go, and live in the cupboard.

Meanwhile, Masa at The Few, had borrowed one of Bevan's whistles to copy in sterling silver, and add to the silver ID bracelets in the flight jacket accessories range.

Soon the little Capri bell was also volunteered to go off to Thailand for a mould to be made, and then to Japan for casting.

He's been away for months, but finally returned home today with Bevan, and, as well, I was presented with one of the silver replicas.

Here's the bell on the Custom King site, the replicas weren't yet ready, so the photo is my original ...

http://66.102.7.104/translate_c?hl=en&s ... M4gGixs4hw

The replica is superb, just as detailed as the original, but a little heavier, and in sterling instead of .800.

Here's the two back at home ....

Capri.jpg

Vcruiser

David
Very nice! Nicest repro Capri that I've seen!
.....But doesn't that come out to about $235 USD?
Van

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks Van ... I guess so, not cheap is it?

But close up, it's as good as an original, almost nicer being heavier, and in sterling.

I was just thrilled with the gift.

CBI

those are GREAT however a real one costs much less between $50 and $120. I have owned a number of them, still have one. I do agree that they are typically too noisy but a spot of white glue on the hammer will take care of that without damaging the bell.

A

Anonymous

If you are looking for a Capri bell on ebay use the key words San Michele bell there are always cheap original WW2 ones for sale between $10 - $20 ,I have bought 2 this way with very little bidding competition .Heres an example that just went off /and if you check completed auctions there are 4 more around this price .

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-SAN-MICHELE-CA ... 240%3A1318

All the best Jeff

A

Anonymous

Hi Jeff your welcome ,here is one up with 1 day to go marked as coin silver 800 does not have ww2 year .The missing parts can be made by a jeweller for $10.00 (18mm bar with soldered link and five links of chain file the ends of the bar 45 degrees and your home) .Do not buy them if they are not marked 800 becase they are silver plated brass ,they do not ring the same .Also there are 2 sizes of bells this is the smaller one the larger ones 3/4" were used as zipper pulls not so common ,smaller ones used under the collar .The best time to buy on Ebay is when there is a holiday, Thanksgiving,Christmas,etc etc or a major sporting event super bowl or the like.If you want to get a free one buy two as I suggested and relist one of them with the key word Capri bell you should come out + $30 of your total outlay and have a free one for your jacket .

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-WWII-LUCKY- ... C294%3A200

Best regards Jeff