• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thurson bros aero overload

Happy Hooligan

so I'm seeing a ton of Aero jackets on ebay sold by thruson bros. They're basically selling them at full cost and even throwing in their custom fees? Anyone know anything about this place? Why not just order it direct and get it custom?

Juanito

Yes, I know much about them being from the Northwest. Been to both shops; the over by Greenlake, and the one that blew up from the gas explosion. As far as I know, they never reponed a store and are on-line only.

My experience was not good with them in relation to them being a Vanson distributor. As a Vanson dealer, I wanted to have them measure me for a custom jacket I was going to have Vanson make for me, and the refused saying, "Why would we do this, what's in it for us?" Yes, I was going directly to Vanson and not buying from them, but from a customer service standpoint, it sure eliminated any possibility of buying the Aero A-2 they had on the rack I wanted to buy.

B-Man2

Hi
I guess I must have been fortunate in that I purchased an Aero A2 from them and was pretty satisfied with their service. I was able to negotiate a little lower price on the jacket with them. They answered all my questions and were very nice.

Southoftheborder

Yes, I know much about them being from the Northwest. Been to both shops; the over by Greenlake, and the one that blew up from the gas explosion. As far as I know, they never reponed a store and are on-line only.

My experience was not good with them in relation to them being a Vanson distributor. As a Vanson dealer, I wanted to have them measure me for a custom jacket I was going to have Vanson make for me, and the refused saying, "Why would we do this, what's in it for us?" Yes, I was going directly to Vanson and not buying from them, but from a customer service standpoint, it sure eliminated any possibility of buying the Aero A-2 they had on the rack I wanted to buy.

Did you tell them you were going to buy the A2? Otherwise I see their point.

Southoftheborder

so I'm seeing a ton of Aero jackets on ebay sold by thruson bros. They're basically selling them at full cost and even throwing in their custom fees? Anyone know anything about this place? Why not just order it direct and get it custom?

They are the US outlet for Aero Leather and buy lots of jackets on spec from them. They took over from Moyles a few years ago who was the Aero US man and who it transpired was less than honest. It makes sense to buy an Aero from them if you are in the States, and they will also send try on jackets to get the size right.