• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thumbnails vs Full Images

B-Man2

Hey Guys :)
Is there anyone else out there who’s tired of having to click on and expand thumbnails when trying to view photos of other VLJ members ? I know this is insignificant when it comes to the traumas of 2020, but let’s make it easier for all us to see your photos when posting them by clicking on “Full Image” .
It’s right there beside “ Thumbnail “ and takes no extra effort, so why not simply choose that option ??? Please !!
3EF522C6-A729-4A62-8C21-C4F9F29A6D39.png

Micawber

I wrote something along these lines in another post yesterday....

The forum software can be confusing when it comes to uploading images but is easy once you get the gist.

To post full size images rather than thumbnails try the following.

1. Click on "attach files" and select the image you wish to upload.

2. Once the image has actually uploaded click "insert" making sure the cursor is in the position in which you want the photo to appear in your post.

3. Hit "full size" [this is the important and sometimes overlooked stage].

4. Job done.

B-Man2

The forum software can be confusing when it comes to uploading images but is easy once you get the gist.

2. Once the image has actually uploaded click "insert" making sure the cursor is in the position in which you want the photo to appear in your post.

3. Hit "full size".

4. Job done.
Thanks Steve !
A fairly easy process for sure.

mulceber

3. Hit "full size" [this is the important and sometimes overlooked stage].

4. Job done.
Honestly, there's an (I think) even easier way:

1. Click on the button that looks like a picture, above where you enter text of your message:
Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 6.00.40 PM.png

2. Drag and drop the image into this area: (You can also click on the box, and it will open a window from which you can navigate to the appropriate folder and select the correct photo, but drag-and-drop is quicker.)
Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 6.02.25 PM.png

The image will be loaded into your post in full size mode.

Last edited:

Chandler

Seriously, I click the copy link in Imgur and paste right into my reply window.

That said... I do this from my desktop, haven't figured out the steps on my phone.

Fortunately, we've downsized from the estate so it's not a long walk to the home office and my desktop. :p

Chandler

True, but to do it that way, you first have to upload the photos to imgur. The various methods posted by @Micawber and me both skip that step. ;)
Eh -- that's a simple drag and drop -- and I'm already setting up my images in Photoshop for correct size and format. As an old graphic artist, I don't trust a straight shot from my phone -- way too off in color and format crop. ;)
IMG_20230217_102441600.jpg

Compare this to the pic I added to the comics thread.

Yeah, I know -- OCD. :p

Rutger

1676701719451.png
this is ctrl+c and ctr+v from a clipping programm. Nothing else, just that. No uploading, no downloading, no inserting, no linking, no clicking in sub-menu's, no nothing. Just ctrl+c, ctrl+v.
The downside is of course a loss of dpi, so yeah, if want to show every stitch....you just got to stick with the above methods.

Last edited:

Micawber

Drag and drop works ok especially if you have resized the image to a manageable size.

Anyway, this is a worthwhile discussion which proves that as soon as someone instigates a "how to" there will usually be a queue of folks who know a better, faster or more convenient way :D

Micawber

Drag and drop works ok especially if you have resized the image to a manageable size.

Anyway, this is a worthwhile discussion which proves that as soon as someone instigates a "how to" there will usually be a queue of folks who know a better, faster or more convenient way :D

Which of course is a good thing:)