• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts about my g 1from branded by orchard

busdrivermike

You and I are old; Old age hath yet his honor and his toil;
Death closes all; but something ere the end,
Some work of noble note may yet be done
Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
the simple tavern version:
I was once young and dumb enough to To have tried it
I’m now Old and wise enough to now know better
But I’m still young and dumb enough to try it again anyway ;)

Last edited:

Nnatalie

Ive got co workers in their 30s younger then this jacket, to them anything from the 80s is vintage anything past that is antique especially if it
Predates the 70s As they like to remind me. :)

Some people... And I say that as a young’n! The 80s aren’t proper vintage; they’re just the decade of oversized, massively shoulder-padded abominations that are mixed in amongst the good stuff at thrift stores. Granted, a few nice things show up, like your jacket, or a pair of shoes I have, but by and large, no thank you!

busdrivermike

Some people... And I say that as a young’n! The 80s aren’t proper vintage; they’re just the decade of oversized, massively shoulder-padded abominations that are mixed in amongst the good stuff at thrift stores. Granted, a few nice things show up, like your jacket, or a pair of shoes I have, but by and large, no thank you!
I suppose you could see it that way and in principle I agree it was a neon and acid wash nightmare
That thankfully I mostly avoided, I was a jeans, t-shirt, leather jacket, motorcycle kid
Sadly though out there now there are those who long for the moment to break it all out again
And bust a move :)
It’s all personal perspective ;)

busdrivermike

Branded made good quality MC jackets with brass hardware.
Orchard also made modern contract a2s.
I’ve looked at there jackets online, found one here in a pawn shop but it’s just too small
To justify buying, I love their CHP style motorcycle jacket, it’s very classic looking and inspires
My imagination and is much more reasonably priced then a new schott
My A2 is also from them and very well made.
their website seems to be down or gone for the last little while, I keep thinking about
A trip to New York so I can stop in and try on some jackets and as a bonus see the city :)

ties70

Mike,

I have basically the identical jacket, only two sizes smaller.

The collar has been replaced with a nicer piece of mouton:

I was kind of surprised, though, that the original collar is no synthetic plush but a genuine fur piece, too.
Mine features side entry pockets as well....I do not have a "Well, that's not authentic!" - problem with that, but I think the construction makes the torso front overall a little bulkier.

Ties

busdrivermike

Mike,

I have basically the identical jacket, only two sizes smaller.

View attachment 30963

The collar has been replaced with a nicer piece of mouton:

View attachment 30964

I was kind of surprised, though, that the original collar is no synthetic plush but a genuine fur piece, too.
Mine features side entry pockets as well....I do not have a "Well, that's not authentic!" - problem with that, but I think the construction makes the torso front overall a little bulkier.

Ties
Yes I noticed the same things, where my collar has worn it’s obvious it’s real not artificial , and yes it does get a bulky
Look, my schott does also, perhaps why I thought it was to big that and the stretched out waistband , it’s weird it’s
A 52 but smaller then my schott a 50 measurements wise.
I wander through value village a secondhand store, I often come across women’s and men’s sheepskin jackets some
Very cheap in the materials section as they are ripped , I’m now keeping my eyes open for that also now that
I’ve decided to keep and wear this jacket.
I might add snaps to the side pockets or sew them shut as I don’t use them , they are awkward and I’ve got
Pockets in my pants that my hands fit, though I still hear my dad saying get you hands out of your pockets :)