• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is crazy but what will you do?

Chandler

I'd have asked -- especially if it looked like an original, the owner probably would have been happy you recognized it and would want to talk.

He may even be a member here...

Chandler

Atticus

Well...... nobody has ever accused me of being shy, but I've actually been known to ask people to remove their jackets and let me look at the tags inside. I get some crazy looks, but so far no one has ever refused. Most recently, a USMC officer appeared in our lobby wearing his G-1. He was there about some minor traffic matter which was being handled by a junior ADA and which didn't concern me at all. No matter. I went out, shook his hand and asked if I could look at his jacket. Then we sat and chatted about military flight jackets for half an hour.... before I dismissed his ticket.

AF

Atticus

airfrogusmc said:
Well Mr Finch,

Was it an older G-1 maybe a B or C model 7823?

It was an eighty-something Orchard, but it was goat and appeared to be well-made. He said it was the one that was issued to him when he was in flight school seventeen years ago.

AF

Atticus

rick.canavar said:
Geoff, does this mean I can speed in your jurisdiction as long as I wear my GW A-1? ;)

If you're active duty, not a dickhead and you come to court wearing an original flight jacket, you can pretty much count on an easy path through my little part of the criminal justice system.

AF

Atticus said:
rick.canavar said:
Geoff, does this mean I can speed in your jurisdiction as long as I wear my GW A-1? ;)

If you're active duty, not a dickhead and you come to court wearing an original flight jacket, you can pretty much count on an easy path through my little part of the criminal justice system.

AF

Well damn, I'm not on active duty and I am a dickhead. :(

Vcruiser

Atticus said:
rick.canavar said:

AF

How bout a Vet NeoCon Harley rider in an original US Army field jacket with a confederate flag lapel pin...?
LeadFootDixieDescendantDawg :?: ;)

hacker

Atticus said:
rick.canavar said:

AF

ummm........just how many of those requirements do you have to meet?.......seems a bit restrictive.......

HonestAbe