• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Xmas watch...

ties70

Hi,

this beauty has just arrived yesterday.
I wanted one for a long a time but couldn't justify the price. 2008 has been a good year for me and my wife, might be the last year without kids ;), though ...so we "rewarded" us with the Seamaster and a Breitling Colt Oceane...

As Omega seems to discontinue this specific design it was the last chance to grab one.

omega.jpg

Have a great holiday season and take care! See you all next year!

Ties

A

Anonymous

Ties,
GREAT watch !! I'm sure it will do you years of reliable service. Wear it in good health and have a great holiday .

Dave

watchmanjimg

Nice watch! I've owned two of these since the turn of the century and just sold my second one to offset a Rolex purchase. Wear it in good health!

A

Anonymous

I like the black and I like the blue bezels but the new version ? YUK. Not for me.

I'd like to get one like yours as my second watch to give my now 27 year old GMT I a bit of R'n'R for more strenuous or risky activities.

Cheers all,

Dave :)

siddhartha

Administrator
Gorgeous watch, and is one of my all-time favorites.

Right now, I have a vintage '69 Speedy Pro (premoon c861), a Flightmaster c911 (sadly back at Omega Bienne for the second time!), and a 42mm black/orange Planet Ocean.

I really think the Omegas are among the best value for the money, and are simply excellent watches

Chris

ties70

Hi,

when I first posted about the new Omega watch I had just synchronized it with the official time of the atomic clock.

At the end of the first week the watch was +7 sec ahead of the atomic clock.
Now, a couple of weeks later, the deviation is +5 sec. The watch has run constantly, with only a few days on which it hasn't been worn...

...not a test under laboratory conditions but it seems as if the watch is running very good :D

Ties

Ties, that's great accuracy! My Omega Seamaster 2531.80 has always been a very accurate watch, too. It has usually stayed about a second to two seconds a day slow for almost six years now. I never bothered getting it regulated faster as the small rate of loss was slight and very consistent.

Mine was a wedding present from my bride. A buddy has a black Seamaster Pro. I think they are excellent watches, and like Chris said some of the best values around in high end watches.

standard.jpg

MikeyB-17

I also reckon they're as good looking a watch as there is out there. IMHO a lot prettier than a Rolex diver-not that that's not a handsome watch too-eye of the beholder and all that. But it sure looks good to me.

delta102uk

JACKET_ HEAD said:
I like the black and I like the blue bezels but the new version ? YUK. Not for me.

I'd like to get one like yours as my second watch to give my now 27 year old GMT I a bit of R'n'R for more strenuous or risky activities.

Cheers all,

Try one of these: http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?categoryID=96 okay for more strenuous or risky activities....and still look good!!....replica (fake) watches have come a long way....

Sean K

ties70

delta102uk said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:

Cheers all,

Try one of these: http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?categoryID=96 okay for more strenuous or risky activities....and still look good!!....replica (fake) watches have come a long way....

Sean K

Sean,

some of these fakes look really close.
I could imagine that the manufacturers / sellers of these watches use pictures of real luxury watches for their websites....

As regarding buying a fake / replica luxury watch:
A lot of colleagues go on business trips to China and come back with watches...of course everybody else knows that their ROLEX, LANGE or GRAHAMs are fakes....mainly because they buy the "$20K and up"-models which they could never afford as originals...

I personally wouldn't like to get caught with one of these and stick with the watch I can afford. In my case it's the Omega SMP 300....

If I want a watch that resembles a luxury watch in style and is made for tougher activities I would look for something like a good priced Steinhart or Invicta or so. I used the Invicta Submariner clone for years and found it a very durable and reliable divers watch..

http://www.timeshop24.de/invicta-au....html?sessID=19aa00802ab3edb79c3d40f31f37a147

Regards,

Ties

delta102uk

ties70 said:
delta102uk said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:

Cheers all,

Sean K

Sean,

some of these fakes look really close.
I could imagine that the manufacturers / sellers of these watches use pictures of real luxury watches for their websites....

As regarding buying a fake / replica luxury watch:
A lot of colleagues go on business trips to China and come back with watches...of course everybody else knows that their ROLEX, LANGE or GRAHAMs are fakes....mainly because they buy the "$20K and up"-models which they could never afford as originals...

I personally wouldn't like to get caught with one of these and stick with the watch I can afford. In my case it's the Omega SMP 300....

If I want a watch that resembles a luxury watch in style and is made for tougher activities I would look for something like a good priced Steinhart or Invicta or so. I used the Invicta Submariner clone for years and found it a very durable and reliable divers watch..

http://www.timeshop24.de/invicta-au....html?sessID=19aa00802ab3edb79c3d40f31f37a147

Regards,

Ties

Hi Ties,

I've never seen one of these "replicas" in the flesh so can't really comment.....I did recently buy a sub clone by Grovana which is part of the Revue Thommen swiss watch company and must admit it was $229 well spent!!... here's the link to the German retailer:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0323557405

AnniversarySubvCoralReef1.jpg