• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The USN jacket you may never have heard about . The JACKET, UTILITY, UNISEX.

Chandler

For anyone interested original issued pea coats are still out there available for sale but the older ones are heavier and better made than the newer ones .
Do you know the transition date/dates?

Sterlingwear* used to offer a beefed-up model from their website, but they closed it down -- probably right around the time the Navy discontinued the coat. :confused:

As far as "better made," what sort of details can you point out? I'm unsure what year mine is, but it seems pretty well put together.

*Note the revised date of the "under construction" website.

Last edited:

B-Man2

Do you know the transition date/dates?

Sterlingwear* used to offer a beefed-up model from their website, but they closed it down -- probably right around the time the Navy discontinued the coat. :confused:

As far as "better made," what sort of details can you point out? I'm unsure what year mine is, but it seems pretty well put together.

*Note the revised date of the "under construction" website.
The DSCP labeled coats are the newer models however the Sterlingwear made coat also had a DSCP label which is actually a decent coat .
Here’s one in a large size if anyone is interested .

Here’s a link to a newer labeled DSCP coat that’s of lesser quality