• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Univited: A-2 with artwork, 40 B-24 missions, Tonopah, NV.

Juanito

I have been spending some time in Tonopah this week and stopped in at the museum, which has a ton of artifacts from the nearby Tonopah Army Airfield, a large training center for B-24 crews and P-39 Airacobra Pilots.

On display was this A-2. Had to be a size 34. You can see how small the owner, Barney Glenn, is in the photos.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I have been spending some time in Tonopah this week and stopped in at the museum, which has a ton of artifacts from the nearby Tonopah Army Airfield, a large training center got B-24 crews and P-39 Airacobra Pilots.

On display was the A-2. Had to be a size 34. You can see how small the owner, Barney Glenn, is in the photos.

Never heard of that museum .
Do you have some more photos ?
Please post if you do .
Thanks Juanito

Juanito

I didn't take a lot and I will post more, but here are a couple of interesting ones:

USAAF bomber Pilot and Navigatior Celestial Navigation Trainer. They have three of these.

Tonopah was the field where 2,000 glide bombs were tested and crews trained on them.

The museum is in town. I also were out to the actual airfield (at least what remains of it) and saw two of the remaining aircraft repair hangers. Photos of that excursion after I upload the photos...

ausreenactor

I have been spending some time in Tonopah this week and stopped in at the museum, which has a ton of artifacts from the nearby Tonopah Army Airfield, a large training center for B-24 crews and P-39 Airacobra Pilots.

On display was this A-2. Had to be a size 34. You can see how small the owner, Barney Glenn, is in the photos.

What a great name for an aircraft.....

Snap of this into the saved folders.....

ShanghaiJack

"The Uninvited" Film Trailer 1944

The%2BUninvited-12.bmp

Last edited: