• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Simmons Bilt impossibilty and help syndrome for B3's

Jacquiblue1

Hmmm, hi guys , Now here's a thing, i had been pondering on a B3 for a few years now, i already have an eastman Irvin which i have had for around twelve years, great jacket , but now his prices have given me double heart failure with Haggis neep and tatties in the ears, actually love haggis, but besides th epoint, i have read through this about the simmons bilt and a few things ran true, ie: the fitting and sizing and language interpretation, now before ya all shout at me , yes i just took the plunge with them but the making is not off the drawing board as yet , only a day or two0 for them to contact me, we spoke about the length, yes the dreaded question, i asked for 27" and they cam eback at me with some condumbed fandango about making the back like a shirt tail, five thousand question marks popped above my head at that point and exploded into jellyfish, so i have emai8led back saying No, i want that all round , but some mention of leavin the front at the standard length ? so standard length? i really question that point, was there a standard length? it must have been size related surely, like short regular and long, i could hardly see a three foot man in a one yard B3 or would it have castors?, as much as a seven foot man in a one and half foot B3? would that not be like a halter neck bra ? armoured for the use of scaring the enemy by flashing from the waist gun window?, so guys guys guys , i ask this , as production has not started ,should i cancel and go to ole Uncle Ken at Aero seeing as everyone praises him up with high regard? actually a friend of mine used to go there regularly, maybe i should have listened to him. Maybe Ken could help me on this one and advise me as what they can offer , i am six feet tall i have arms like a monkey and i am a tight 44 but a nice 46 , i like things that have plenty of room in them to wear wooly poolies when really cold driving the jeep etc, but there again i suffer with the cold anyway,so like to be warm . so there we are over to you guys and one last word , HHHEEEELLLLPPPPP !!!!! ,sincerely the amazing sinking woman

D97x7

Evening, 27 isn't excessive for a size 44/46, there's two on aero's sales page now of that length. What length is your Irvin, if you're happy with the length of that, go the same for the B-3. Sounds like you want a size 46, back length 27 and arms made according to your wishes , or that 44 I mentioned may fit, measurements are on the page, just give aero a call.
I don't work for them btw

Jacquiblue1

Evening, 27 isn't excessive for a size 44/46, there's two on aero's sales page now of that length. What length is your Irvin, if you're happy with the length of that, go the same for the B-3. Sounds like you want a size 46, back length 27 and arms made according to your wishes , or that 44 I mentioned may fit, measurements are on the page, just give aero a call.
I don't work for them btw
i thought 27 wasn't a problem either but simmons b seem to make it one for some reason,thinking i may just cancel the order before it is started after reading what has happened for others, got me worried, i have seen that one on Aero's site but i know my irvin is a 46 and it's perfect for me.

mulceber

Yeah, I’d definitely go for Aero. The extra hundred quid gets you a lot - better zipper, more accurate pattern generally (though I’m not the expert on that), and horsehide trim that you’d have to pay £75 for SB to add anyway. And winter’s almost over anyway (on this side of the equator, anyway), so it’s going to be a while before you need a shearling jacket anyway. You can afford to wait whatever Aero’s current wait for shearling is.

busdrivermike

My noble house B3 is about 28.5 from the collar seam to bottom
Its a size 4xl which fits my 51 chest 36 waist nicely
They offer the length you want but are not historically accurate though
I won’t say it’s comparable to a aero or Simmons or Eastman but it’s a good
Solid jacket. And it’s price is less of a cardiac inducing event.
And According to their website they also do custom products
As you you can see it is a longer cut, which has proven very comfortable during
Northern Alberta winters, like when it hit the -30c mark with a -40c windchill
634F8E52-26BE-4DC3-BD05-879D9381321C.jpeg

Last edited:

Jacquiblue1

Yeah, I’d definitely go for Aero. The extra hundred quid gets you a lot - better zipper, more accurate pattern generally (though I’m not the expert on that), and horsehide trim that you’d have to pay £75 for SB to add anyway. And winter’s almost over anyway (on this side of the equator, anyway), so it’s going to be a while before you need a shearling jacket anyway. You can afford to wait whatever Aero’s current wait for shearling is.
Yeah i love the aero , but yeaterday i had a good word with Deb at SB and we got it all sorted out for an all round 27 not just the back measurement, personaly i am not too worried about the finer detail as i mainly just want it for driving the jeep of a cool evening , yes i know this and that isn't quite correct but i have an irvin that is and that is ok, maybe next time i will go aero when i build up the pot again , and most joe public couldn't tell a rabbit from a rhino , the horsehide is not a worry i settled for steerhide as ELC offered the choice back in the day , and steerhide is slightly more flexible for driving and moveability, but thanks for chipping in, communication was a bit sketchy with SB at first but it settled down .

Jacquiblue1

My noble house B3 is about 28.5 from the collar seam to bottom
Its a size 4xl which fits my 51 chest 36 waist nicely
They offer the length you want but are not historically accurate though
I won’t say it’s comparable to a aero or Simmons or Eastman but it’s a good
Solid jacket. And it’s price is less of a cardiac inducing event.
And According to their website they also do custom products
As you you can see it is a longer cut, which has proven very comfortable during
Northern Alberta winters, like when it hit the -30c mark with a -40c windchill
View attachment 33588
Whoa, i quite liked those , i saw one on ebay but i thought no, i will have a new one, i like to break them in myself plus didn't want hand warmer pockets.

busdrivermike

Whoa, i quite liked those , i saw one on ebay but i thought no, i will have a new one, i like to break them in myself plus didn't want hand warmer pockets.
Yeah mine has hand warmer pockets, were I to order another in the future I would consider
Doing the custom option and getting it without them.
I used them once this year for Starbucks dark chocolate cookies, yesterday in fact:p