• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Real Mccoys A2

asiamiles

Hey guys plz indulge me by wedging a question on the subject of Japanese repros and the like...

Whats your opinion on Cab Clothing ? Beside being assembled in china from imported Japanese fabric....
I may be wrong, but I thought CAB ceased about 15~20 years ago? They were one of the early brands to enter the repro military market in Japan and offered a cheaper alternative partly by being made in China but also not offering the same degree of accuracy with regards to materials and parts; when you compared them with Buzz and TRM, the difference in quality could easily be seen.

ausreenactor

ausreenactor

And another one.

asiamiles

Rainbow Country jackets are listed under Real McCoy on Yahoo Japan.
It's up to individual sellers as to what category they list items under, and knowing that people will browse TRM looking for the type of gear Rainbow Country offers, it makes sense to list there rather than under something more generic like Men's Jackets where it's only likely to be seen by those actively searching for Rainbow Country.

ausreenactor

If they were making their own stuff surely we would have been frothing over it for the last decade or so? And someone would have bought one by now??

Micawber

While I'm happy with my identity, to me Rainbow Country just sounds wrong somehow.

These days it seems a lot of the fairer sex will say their pet has gone over the "rainbow bridge" when in actual fact said pet has snuffed it, naturally or otherwise.

I just can't quite get my head around the whole rainbow thing but there again I'm an older fart with older fart attitudes.

asiamiles

I wonder what their label looks like?

Here is the Rainbow Country (I'm guessing they're named after the Bob Marley song?) label...seems like it can be found inside the pockets of their A-2s.

asiamiles

If they were making their own stuff surely we would have been frothing over it for the last decade or so? And someone would have bought one by now??
Well, they're not cheap, and while they've been around for a few years they are a relatively new and much smaller company compared than the likes of Buzz and TRM, and their goods less accessible to overseas buyers. But had someone come across one of these would they have been tempted? I'm guessing the CMT co. name is made up and it's a SAT repro? This appears to be without epaulettes, though they've also done a far less nice looking button pocket A-2 with them.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h397662073

Dany McDonald

I use Buyee cause I cant understand Japanese. But I would rather use Yahoo direct for the ability to write to the seller. Buyee doesnt let the potential buyer contact the seller....:(

ausreenactor

Hey Guys,

Do you use the Buyee services or Yahoo Japan direct?

Thanx,

D

Buyee. Fees are negligible. They do put the full value on parcels. Not an issue for Australia but US and UK buyers need to consider the additional costs.

Or find a shipping agent like DNF Export. Hirotake has been a next level agent for well over a decade.

asiamiles

Buyee. Fees are negligible. They do put the full value on parcels. Not an issue for Australia but US and UK buyers need to consider the additional costs
I used to use Buyee but now I use ZenMarket; cheaper fees and shipping than Buyee, plus they will buy some items that Buyee won't, and for those who will get stung with tax/duty you can put whatever value you wish on packages.

ausreenactor

Hmmm. Buyee no longer do my dummy gun stuff but the commission is better than DNF Export. They still get any jacket 'business'.