• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The One You Wish You Had Back.......

galvestonokie

Although I've referenced this jacket before, trying to find the buyer (I didn't), trying to buy it back. Anyway, the jacket is an original Gordon & Ferguson M-422a in an extremely rare size 48. I bought the jacket from the estate sale of the Navy flyer, who earned the DFC flying USN PBY-1 (B-24), for attacking/sinking a U-Boat in the Bay of Biscay. The sale included photos of the pilot, gloves, squadron documents, and a flyer from RAF Dunkeswell, Devon. Still looking for it!
BTW, in the crew pic, the jacket owner is 2nd from right, top row, and i assume wearing that jacket. It looks big on him and was a bit too big for me.
DSC03605.JPG
GF label.jpg
DSC03607.JPG
GF front 2.jpg
DSC03588.JPG

Nickb123

Willis and Geiger AN-6552. I’d only seen one other with the same contract no. on the entire inter web. Best goatskin I’ve ever handled.

Still stalking my neighbor.He was wearing an original B-15A the other day. Also has a size 42 Star, with P-38 insignia IIRC.

B-Man2

Willis and Geiger AN-6552. I’d only seen one other with the same contract no. on the entire inter web. Best goatskin I’ve ever handled.

Still stalking my neighbor.He was wearing an original B-15A the other day. Also has a size 42 Star, with P-38 insignia IIRC.
Put that guy on your “build “ list ;)
Just maybe he’ll consider selling it to you .

Nickb123

Put that guy on your “build “ list ;)
Just maybe he’ll consider selling it to you .

No way. The guy’s a master in his own right. Has a six foot Bismarck in his living room.

he did mention my name and his will in the same sentence once though. But I can’t go down that road. Being that greedy would defeat the spirit of what the airmen fought so hard for. And would make me a psychopath...his dad was in the Chinese National Air Force, along with Chennault and the Tigers. Super cool dude.

B-Man2

No way. The guy’s a master in his own right. Has a six foot Bismarck in his living room.

he did mention my name and his will in the same sentence once though. But I can’t go down that road. Being that greedy would defeat the spirit of what the airmen fought so hard for. And would make me a psychopath...his dad was in the Chinese National Air Force, along with Chennault and the Tigers. Super cool dude.
Well in that case, get him signed up on VLJ ! :D