• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The One You Wish You Had Back.......

B-Man2

While reading a couple of posts this week, a recurring response seemed to keep coming up which gave me the idea for this thread . How many times have you heard someone say , “ I wish I had that one back “ or “I could kick myself for letting that one go”?
I think at one time or another most of us have said those words or something similar. So I thought it might be fun to post a photo and tell everyone about the jacket you let go or sold on , only to later wish that you had back . Who knows, maybe another guy will see your post and realize he has that jacket and be nice enough to sell it back to you .
Ok, maybe not, but we can still dream can’t we??:rolleyes:

So here’s one of mine I wish I had back . It’s my old Harley jacket , that I sold after selling my last ever Harley Davidson, a Road King . I had a lot of fun memories attached to this jacket and I was a complete ass to sell it . Well , at least I still have the memories . :)
53368995-6423-4473-84AA-AA44F3E46774.jpeg
F287168E-3EAB-44C8-815C-62C4E90A9F93.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

I got mine back!
However, I also had a RMCJ M-422a, which would cost a fortune nowadays, which I sold, and really wish I hadn’t. It was a long time ago, so I don’t have any pics.

Silver Surfer

"...ive had a few...."- frank Sinatra. and so have we all. best story would be. many years ago due to financial need, I sold my stunning original monarch to swatty [aka Andrew swatland] remember him? I knew when I sold it that it was irreplaceable, and I would regret selling it. some years after, he contacted me out of the blue, asking if I would like to purchase it back? hot damn, in a heart beat. to his credit, Andrew gave me first dibs, and sold the jacket to me for what he paid. this was a real stand up thing to do, as he could have easily made some good coin offering it here on the forum, fb,, eb, etc. if you are around, Andrew, so many thanx, again. of the other originals I have sold, only two, I regret having sold. of the repros ive sold no real regrets, since they are replaceable, though ive repurchased a couple, only to realize for the most part why I sold them in the first place. all of this stuff is just on temporary loan, anyhow.

Greg Gale

I don’t regret selling any of my jackets. I was really sorry to let my ELC Star go, I loved that one, but I don’t regret it, it just didn’t fit anymore. Letting it go made space for better ones. I would not re-purchase any of them. Then again, I’ve only sold repros which are easier to replace that originals.

ties70

I don’t regret selling any of my jackets. I was really sorry to let my ELC Star go, I loved that one, but I don’t regret it, it just didn’t fit anymore. Letting it go made space for better ones. I would not re-purchase any of them. Then again, I’ve only sold repros which are easier to replace that originals.

Greg,

I can fully understand that!
Hardly looked back...not with jackets, not with former girlfriends...there was reason to part, and I am pretty happy with what I have today!

Ties

IMG-20210215-WA0001.jpg