• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most suitable replacement for original Eastman knitted cuffs

Julius

yes, sorry there are others with $5 on ebay too.
they are the correct

the other source which I cannot reveal sells military surplus and the cuffs come with the tags showing all the info

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
yes, sorry there are others with $5 on ebay too.
they are the correct

the other source which I cannot reveal sells military surplus and the cuffs come with the tags showing all the info

Those cuffs from eBay with item number 202641045921 you've referred to above don't seem to be original USN surplus nor seal colored. Anyway, you don't share anything except that, so these your statements over here look not very helpful.

Last edited:

Lebowski

PM me and I will give you
Sir, looking at the way you've chosen to communicate with people over here - I suppose you understood wrong the targets and goals of this nice forum.
This board is a very good place for open communication between different but like-minded people and with friends all over the world.
People over here usually share their knowledgies without any benefits for doing that. It's not a competition between different people like "who knows more and who's the best" but more like kind of club for people who're supporting each other with their knowledgies in our fascinating hobby.
The manner you've chosen to communicate with people over here looks unacceptable to me.
The more I read your statements and replics over here the more I find them unacceptable and quite useless.
So, I won't send any PM to you because of aforementioned reasons, doubt it would make any sense.

Last edited:

Julius

If you don't PM me I will PM you because I find your "No link - not true" unacceptable. That's insulting to me to say the least.

I shared knowledge and info and spent time to take comparison photo, upload it here etc and I don't have any benefit from that. Just trying to help friends get the best cuffs they can and of course I don't ask anything in return.

But I don't expect to receive neither snobbish behavior, nor ingratitude. There is no reason why to share more info if it is not appreciated.

And I expect you to respect that I don't want to share my source in public, in the same way that if you have found an original A-2 you are interested in somewhere where it seems you will be able to get a bargain, you will not want to advertise it and share it here because it will get more bids and you will get outbid or will have to pay more to buy it.

So in a situation like that, you cannot deny that you will not be willing to neither "share their knowledgies without any benefits" nor "supporting each other with their knowledgies in our fascinating hobby."

So please respect my reasons, whatever they are, for not wanting to share my source with everyone.

johnwayne

Hmm, been out of action for a bit so just entered this fray and sorry if I missed something but Lebowski, have you actually tried contacting ELC direct? I think but not certain that they do repairs to their jackets so they might sell you a set? If you bought direct from them they prob even tell you exactly when it was and then you'd get (hopefully) exactly what you need!

Lebowski

Hmm, been out of action for a bit so just entered this fray and sorry if I missed something but Lebowski, have you actually tried contacting ELC direct? I think but not certain that they do repairs to their jackets so they might sell you a set? If you bought direct from them they prob even tell you exactly when it was and then you'd get (hopefully) exactly what you need!
Thanks John, I know about that option too. Probably will ask them later.
I bought it from its previous owner and now am thinking of a bit more durable cuffs (for instance like JC usually uses).