• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Irvin/Wareing Flight Jacket 80 years later

B-Man2

Flash
Outstanding comparison review and thanks for posting . I can see a big difference in the fleece between the ELC and the Aero . The Aero fleece while not as dense as the ELC, is definitely closer in appearance to the Wareing Irvin in both density and color . Also the Aero hide just looks more realistic than the prematurely aged look than the ELC . I think comparisons like this are beneficial to all of us who may be considering a new purchase down the road. Thanks for your input .:)

stanier

I really like the Aero Irvin. Has anyone got pics of a well broken in one? I reckon they must look stunning after a few caring years.

MrProper

I'm running out of things to say about zips but there's one on each arm on an Irvin isn't there? So, once again Aero's AM zipper repro provides a good glove hold here. I'll also post a comparison with the arm/torso junction and the underarm reinforcement area. The details seem broadly comparable to me bearing in mind my Aero is the youngest here and hasn't had much wear at all. The collar strap also seems comparable but as a Late War model the Aero does not include an elastic strap for open cockpit flying.

I should say something about the hide. The Aero repro was supple and comfortable straight out of the box. It may not have an aged look but it is very comfortable to wear. I hope that's a helpful comparison for reference.View attachment 50043View attachment 50044View attachment 50045
in addition some details of the Aero Coastal Command?
46A43BB8-C0B3-41CA-8728-FF5C507F2D0A.jpeg
ADBB9AA1-2A9A-4902-80D8-7394573C4535.jpeg
F57BF4DE-10D8-4009-B80A-6B85118D097D.jpeg
FD997939-512C-47B6-9D20-D20D247E196B.jpeg
9D5F42BA-CF0B-4759-B04D-993BBC6CA1D2.jpeg
831233C4-6C00-493D-B6A3-17F370C2AFBF.jpeg

MrProper

Proper
The color contrast between the tapes and the hide on your jacket looks great . Is that a particular option that you had to order or does that model come with that feature ?
I think that's standard. I only chose the zippers. Denny from Aero said later that there would be other options. But for me it fits so perfectly.