• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Irishman

jeremiah

New Netflix movie by Scorcesse on called “the Irishman”.
near the beginning Deniro’s character is wearing a leather jacket while working on his broken down truck. Man the jacket looks sweet. Not sure the type (halfbelt?) but wondering if it’s a repro or a vintage. I know actors sometimes are quite particular with some pieces of the wardrobe being worn.
has some gnarly grain and looks to be HH.

upon continued viewing, it has to be vintage. It has that look to the leather.

Last edited:

CoopDog

Saw it. Great movie. Should have had an old fashioned intermission! (I saw it in the theatre.) If you get the large soda, you won’t make all the way through without having to hit the rest room

Last edited:

B-Man2

I saw it last night and sadly I was familiar with several of the people depicted in the movie. I grew up in the same area during the 50s 60s and 70s known as South Philadelphia which was largely an Italian American area of Philly. The area was run by organized crime ( La Cosa Nostra) or Mafia . Frank Shereen , Angelo Bruno, Phil Testa and several others depicted in the film were all local guys that we knew of and tried to stay out of their way. The movie was entertaining but with a lot of inaccuracies and speculation. A lot of it was spot on as well. Anyone who watches it will enjoy the premise and the cast, which was very impressive .

Silver Surfer

on one of my first dates with the gal who was to become my wife.....of some 40 years, i took her to umbertos. even before events, umbertos was a serious goomba joint, but the calamari was to DIE for. after events transpired we used to tell tourists who were looking for a place to dine, "go to umberto's, and be sure to ask for joey's table" we though that was funnier then hell.

Technonut2112

the-irishman-20190801113322358.jpg

jeremiah

That’s it, though it’s a dark brown and that photo gives it more a black color.
what do you guys think? Vintage? If repro it’s the best repro to mimick vintage HH I have ever seen on HD.

robrinay

100% original. I'm thinking Windward. There's a scene with closeup shots of the sleeves. No leather today looks like that! Plus, the diamond breast pulls, etc etc.
I agree It looks just like a Windward I owned a few years ago, but if it is then the next question is who made it for Montgomery Ward?

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

Yes Windward was the first thing I thought. Original and in very good condition too. The subject of who made Montgomery Ward and Sears jackets came up on the FL years ago and no one knows. Probably the same companies that made A2s a few years before plus other obscure places that have been long forgotten.

BTW Aero does a repro that is pretty much identical to this. The HB Deluxe.

Ken at Aero Leather

Yes Windward was the first thing I thought. Original and in very good condition too. The subject of who made Montgomery Ward and Sears jackets came up on the FL years ago and no one knows. Probably the same companies that made A2s a few years before plus other obscure places that have been long forgotten.

BTW Aero does a repro that is pretty much identical to this. The HB Deluxe.

It's virtually identical to our standard spec Long Half Belt,
Not sure if it is an Aero we don't always hear if one of our jackets is being used in a film, if not it's got to be original, probably Sears but I have to say it does look like an Aero
The only differences I can see is breast pocket angle (Often chenged as a modification). We don't always fit "decorative" cuff buttons on this style these days but they were standard for many years we still always fit them on our Barnstormer
Aero Cuff.jpg

regius

There definitely exists at least one tannery that still make this type of cordovan/dark brown leather today. The Corcoran boots, ATF, uses this type, it's veg tanned, feel very dry, light on the rough side and glossy, plasticy on the color side. I'm desperate to find this tannery.

jeremiah

Hmmm. Having difficulty finding a boot they make that shares this same wrinkle and grain pattern. Are you meaning the color more?

regius

Jeremiah, what type of wrinkle pattern specifically? You mean as appear on these brown/russet vintage jackets? I requested two samples from HideHouse, they are close, but not the same as the Corcoran boots material.