The Hartmann has gone ballistic !

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by John Lever, Mar 12, 2009.

1. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

2. havocpaul

havocpaul Active Member

Absoluter Wahnsinn!

3. HHjackets

HHjackets New Member

4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

This is just crazy! :shock:

5. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

The seller ended the auction early to sell at the current price but it's re-listed again by him with this BIN. How can this be ?

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Active Member

It would seem that he had a "shill bid" go awry, and his shill actually won it. The bidding went to full term and should have been a done deal at 600 quid, but alas just another example of CAVEAT EMPTOR.

DD

7. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

If that's the case then that is worrying. He has sold some great jackets in the past and is on my favourite sellers list.
    The non disclosure of bidders has always concerned me as it's easily abused.

8. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

John, why are you surprised ? The seller is a well known crook. If I remember correctly, a while back he offered a jacket for sale that Andrew once owned. It had miraculously morphed into a geunine Luftwaffe jacket with added eppulette loops, stitch holes from the eagle etc. I challenged him on this and he threatened me with his lawyer !

9. Burnsie

Burnsie New Member

"Please give me your 100% trust!"

Um...okay....

10. m444uk

m444uk Active Member

And... the sewing of the loops is identical to his previous jackets. I've kept photos of his past auctions on photobucket because some of the leather jackets are the best ever made. It's outrageous he peppers them with stitch holes !
    The irony is that jacket may well of been used by a pilot if that internal map pocket is a period addition. If.....

11. asiamiles

asiamiles Well-Known Member

He really needs exposing. It's one thing selling jackets and putting Luftwaffe in the subject to attract bidder but this kind of fakery is a crime. He should not just be thrown off eBay but should be prosecuted...not sure how one would go about getting him but reporting him to eBay with proof of his handiwork would surely be enough to get his account suspended for a start?

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Member

No good. I've reported him to ebay several times, with no results. As long as ebay gets their cut from the inflated selling price of his jackets they wont give a damn.

13. Roughwear

I would have total confidence in buying from this guy. He guarantees the authenticity of the jacket and give his 100% guarantee in his own hand on paper that it was worn in air battles. :lol:

Seriously what he doesn't say is that he added the loops, shoulder buttons and the made stitch holes where the eagle "was". As with all the German bike jackets he sells at inflated prices he is not able to provide conclusive proof of providence. It's a nice jacket BTW, but not worth the sale price.

14. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

Why don't we all separately report the item as a fake ?

15. Roughwear

Good idea John. Have just done so.

16. asiamiles

Yet they'll remove a listing simply because it has the words "cash" and "cheque" in it!

17. Peter Graham

Peter Graham Well-Known Member

There's no proof that it's a fake. All we have is his track record to go by.

18. asiamiles

Yes, it needed to be done with Andrew's jacket of which there was physical evidence of tampering.

19. John Lever

John Lever Moderator

If it is an original and gets reported as a fake then that's a kind of ironic justice don't you think ?
    This one looks nice. Less box fresh than the other but as usual very small, but perhaps big enough for a wife or GF. -
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0311455626

20. m444uk

m444uk Active Member

Here's a genuine late war outfit. Note the aged shoulder buttons, not the shiny nonsense our faker friend uses...

[​IMG]