• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Harrington jacket

A

Anonymous

A classic design, Steve McQueen style.

How do you guys feel about its leather version?

411951-0.jpg

Would you buy one in capeskin by Bill Kelso?
(we will use the correct design of course, not the one above)

A

Anonymous

if you think it's just a fashion jacket it's because that's how it looks in the above photo.

You got to see some more original pics.
This jacket is iconic

tumblr_m01jyezr4j1qzzh57o1_500.jpg

steve-mcqueen-1-0308-lg.jpg

mcqueen.jpg

lf181.jpg

Elvis%20presley%20baracuta%20jacket1968.jpg

tumblr_lygrg6dlOx1qg5gl9o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr7cafuIiC1qg5gl9o1_500.jpg

Jason-Statham-in-Killer-Elite-Baracuta-G9-Jacket.jpg

tumblr_mdcqcmzr6A1qllovxo1_1280.jpg

And we will make it slim fit of course (i.e. like Craig's not like Statham's)

Ian C

I've got the cream one which I think is the most iconic and a burgundy. I did have the red but it was getting ridiculous when you put it alongside all the other jackets and then the bows etc.
I think Christopher Reed wore one in Superman too :D
Part of a Baracuta is the Fraser Tartan lining. If you don't want to copy that, I'd go for Black Watch which for me is the best tartan there is.

Ian

Vcruiser

I'm very familiar with the more conservative cloth jacket photos you posted without the cheesy style epaulettes of the leather version pictured. However..not sure how a leather version of this jacket would translate on this side of the pond,tho. Kinda inbetween a cafe and A2 style. Possible..I suppose.

PLATON said:
A classic design, Steve McQueen style.

How do you guys feel about its leather version?

411951-0.jpg

Would you buy one in capeskin by Bill Kelso?
(we will use the correct design of course, not the one above)

Make absolutely sure you lose the epaulets. Use a finer-ribbed knit for cuffs/waist. Tartan lining is key. Would cowhide work?

Who

Vcruiser said:
I'm very familiar with the more conservative cloth jacket photos you posted without the cheesy style epaulettes of the leather version pictured. However..not sure how a leather version of this jacket would translate on this side of the pond,tho. Kinda inbetween a cafe and A2 style. Possible..I suppose.

I'm with you, V.

MikeyB-17

We all had Harrington jackets when I was at school. I don't think the jacket in the original post works at all-it doesn't look good in brown, the epaulettes are unnecessary and do indeed make it look like every 80's mall jacket. In black, however, with the tartan lining, might be an entirely different sack of ferrets-but then again, it might just be one of those cloth jackets that doesn't work in leather.