• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

The Goldsmith A-2 By Headwind Mfg Co

Silver Surfer

say, ken, how about the grand daddy of em all. a reproduction of the aero clothing tanning co. 37-3061p ? originally made in brooklyn, ny. always wanted one, or see someone make a repro of it.

B-Man2

After all of the research , photos, leather sampling analysis and a whole lot of posts and discussion , Is anyone else wondering what ever became of the Headwind Goldsmith Jacket ?? It seems to have just gone by the wayside. I for one thought Jay was on to something and was looking forward to seeing the finished product. A little disappointing for sure.

zoomer

Jay is too far in to just be another fly by night operator. I imagine, like Platon, he will get the wheels turning in time.

zoomer

About the limited edition. I know I've said my piece before, but I'm still curious.

Did anyone actually decide to buy a jacket because it was a limited edition?
I mean - anyone who would not otherwise have wanted that jacket?

Ken at Aero Leather

About the limited edition. I know I've said my piece before, but I'm still curious.

Did anyone actually decide to buy a jacket because it was a limited edition?
I mean - anyone who would not otherwise have wanted that jacket?
I would have thought so, I know we sold a lot of the Limited Edition Highwayman to guys who already have one

Silver Surfer

gary's book. aside from the zipper, jetting, and label, it is just about the same as the next contract. like other earlier pre war a-2s, i would reckon that it is a narrow [for a aero] build, and possibly toward the longish side. this would be in keeping with the hlb a-2, and the first two werber contract a-2s.

zoomer

Then ELC must have screwed up the HLB pattern, because mine isn't very narrow thru the body at all - quite comfortable in fact.

zoomer

As to the question of what's holding up the Goldy, with a design so specialized as this, it could literally be anything.

Part of me hopes that if the Goldy turns out to be beyond Jay's capabilities, he'll go ahead and put the Security 32-485 into production. For that at least, actual examples exist, and its silhouette and fit are unique among A-2s (and, I would argue, uniquely comfortable).

Ken at Aero Leather

gary's book. aside from the zipper, jetting, and label, it is just about the same as the next contract. like other earlier pre war a-2s, i would reckon that it is a narrow [for a aero] build, and possibly toward the longish side. this would be in keeping with the hlb a-2, and the first two werber contract a-2s.
I wasn't aware it was in his book, I think someone in the factory has a copy, I'll check