• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Goldsmith A-2 By Headwind Mfg Co

Skyhawk

View attachment 10773

Here is another composite view of the pockets. The camera is almost directly facing the pockets and so should give a better perspective; (not same scale)

There is a shadow on the right photo pocket but if you look closely, you can see where the flap ends.

I cut out that pocket in the right side photo above and placed it over on top of the other pocket. The size matches. I placed it next to the other one so you can see below. Try it yourself with a photo editor. It actually is a near perfect size match when you place it on top of the other pocket.
pocketsbig-2.jpg
pocketsbig-4.jpg

Attachments

• pocketsbig-3.jpg
    pocketsbig-3.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

2BM2K

As you have a test jacket then maybe recreating the photo's of Arnold will
shed some light on the pocket sizing.

Skyhawk

Yes I will get some photos of the jacket being worn. I am hoping to get some photos taken when I get back in town on Monday and link up with my photographer.

I will try the Arnold poses.

Geeboo

I think it is like the proposition of
A: " Do you support to built a transit-home for the ex-criminals or those with mental problems ?"
B: " Yes, of course ! Those people need............"
A: "In your backyard?"
B: " no no no....I have ..............."

bseal

I have no doubt he’ll be right back, this place is a sanctuary to many aficionados.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I still wait with baited breath. Burt is turning blue.
Yet another hot air story on here........
I’m just wondering if Jay from Headwind is doing OK. It’s very unusual for him to not respond . I’ve tried to PM him and in the past he’s always responded, and now nothing. Has anyone heard from him??

Officer Dibley

I’m just wondering if Jay from Headwind is doing OK. It’s very unusual for him to not respond . I’ve tried to PM him and in the past he’s always responded, and now nothing. Has anyone heard from him??

A bad case of the John Chapman's : too busy dealing with frequent emails from high maintenance customers ??

Skyhawk

Hello guys, I appreciate the concern and the interest in the jackets. I am doing OK. We were closed for an extended holiday break but now back to work.

I am ready to go on the Goldsmith jackets but I cannot get a response from my zipper supplier. They have been solid in the past so I am surprised. I put in an order, discussed it with them and now they will not respond to my emails. It has been months since I placed the order. I can't make any of the jackets without the zippers.

I have heard of some other jacket makers also having problems at this time with their orders from them so not too sure what is happening with the zipper makers.

I have recently been forced to pursue other options in suppliers and I have found a way. It took a two part plan that involved purchasing the sliders from another repro jacket manufacturer, and then ordering the tapes from a different supplier. I now have received the sliders and I am putting in the order for the tapes, possibly today. I do this reluctantly because my other supplier will no doubt be contacting me soon with an invoice for my completed order. Then I will have to pay for the large zipper order as well as for the new order I place. I am trying to avoid a double order on zippers. I have been mulling this over for a while but I will have to place another order this week if I can't get a hold of my supplier.

Either way we should have some zippers soon and then we will be making the pre ordered jackets ASAP.

All The Best,
Jay